47rh manual build

A good solder conection begins with a good mechanical connection. Proper soldering only holds a connection in place...Nothing more.

Picking up my transmission tomorrow. Haven't boughten flex plate bolts yet for some stupid reason so I gotta wait a bit to install that then I can get the teams in. Next will be to get driveshafts cut to fit.

Got my transmission back :evil

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 0
well hopefully getting it finished up tonight. Been super busy with work

She's a runnin. A few leaks here and there from bad connection on the cooler lines but overall pretty good. Fans kick on like they're supposed to. The turbo actually spools. Need to adjust the TV cable a little bit to get shift points better. Other than that should be all good. Gotta get it checked out by my trans guy to make sure the shifter is putting it in all gears correctly and not all half assed.

That good to hear! When you built the trans did up grade the planets as well. I have seen some 5&6 pinion units out there, and wanted to get some feed back.

Nope and I'm kicking myself for not doing the 100 dollar 48re front planet set. I recommend it as it's not that much money and would be stronger than the aluminum one that comes stock.

Nope and I'm kicking myself for not doing the 100 dollar 48re front planet set. I recommend it as it's not that much money and would be stronger than the aluminum one that comes stock.

The $100 front planetary is 5 pinion steel. The 48re set is 6 pinion steel and cost much more than $100. Upgrading the planets is a worthwhile invest IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My apologies, you are right. I believe it's more in the 400 dollar range?

Well during my torture test, aka 850 mile drive to college, the transmission decided to give up on me. As I was driving up I hill I unlocked the convertor to get up to speed then re locked it. As soon as we peaked and we're heading down it went. I lost lu/od third and second. I was able to coast to a stop where I had it towed to a place to work on it. Dropped the pan and found aluminum shavings in the pan. First and reverse still work so could it be that I destroyed the front planet splines since those don't work with first and reverse?

Guess it's not all that bad that it's broke. Going to pull it and have my trans guy fix whatever is wrong as well as add a billet intermediate shaft and upgraded planet gears

Back