5.66@132

Can someone elaborate on the trans in Seths truck? hand clutch? not to derale...

Seths truck is incredible the power that it makes I don't think we can comprehend what it takes to make that truck go down the track . He has more power then he can use and he is all the time trying to adjust the clutches and boost to match the track conditions. He has to leave soft or he will just blow the tires off. I think as time goes on with this truck and he gets clutches more dialed in we will see some fantastic times out of it.
As far as Brett's truck goes we are seeing just the tip of the iceberg here too. I think he is still dialed down on power just to try and keep the thing somewhat controllable. Watch it go down the track it's a handful .
I would love to see these two trucks race each other and see how far they can push them to their limits .

Last edited:
Sounds like a good event, congrats to everyone involved including all the racers. Would be nice to see who all was there and the results. When you say, "double bulbed" do you mean actually fully staging by the first truck before the other guy gets presstaged or the second truck prestaging and then continuing on to stage before the other truck who prestaged first fully stages? First case is not a big deal if you are the second truck, if it pisses you off let him set on for a while before you stage. The second case can throw a guy off if you are not use to it. Very good tactic if you are the slower truck can thow the other guy off especially if he isn't on top of the charger/s trying not to time out.

Not sure which was the case for Brett. Staging much more criticial for turbo diesels then gassers. Did they have a 4900 lb weight limit for Prostreet and was it a .5 or .4 protree?

Congrats Seth and crew! Also to Brett.

I don't under stand the double bulb causing a racer to lose. Takes three stage bulbs to start the auto start.
If the opponent rolls in both bulbs, take your time and build boost and roll in when ready.
If you stage both bulbs and they haven't lit a bulb, you should be on boost.
If you stage one bulb then the opponent can roll in both bulbs. If you lit one, you showed you were ready to race.

Double bulbing happens, sometimes by accident, sometimes not but a racer should react accordingly. Use the situation to his/her advantage in all cases.

Last edited:
Would be nice to see who all was there and the results.

Never thought you would say this. LOL

I'm sure if you give the folks that out the event on 4.5 seconds to catch thier breath, they will post them.

I don't think Sam tried to double bulb Brett on purpose I just think he accidently bumped In too far while trying to pre stage and turned both bulbs on. Sam is a good guy and wouldn't want someone to do that to him. From what I saw I think it was really just an accident

Like I said I don't blame Sam for what he did. I don't think he did it on purposes. I'm new to the triples and getting them to spool takes some time. We are working on getting that figured out. It just threw me off my game. Like I've said it won't happen again. Live and learn from your mistakes. This year has been a learning year for me. I have never had a vehicle this fast or really race competitively before. I will be ready for it next time. I don't think Sam meant to do that but I have learned from it.

Like I said I don't blame Sam for what he did. I don't think he did it on purposes. I'm new to the triples and getting them to spool takes some time. We are working on getting that figured out. It just threw me off my game. Like I've said it won't happen again. Live and learn from your mistakes. This year has been a learning year for me. I have never had a vehicle this fast or really race competitively before. I will be ready for it next time. I don't think Sam meant to do that but I have learned from it.

it was a pleasure watching your truck , I think I gave sam too much booze the night before and his braking foot was a bit weak. as you said, he would NEVER do that on purpose.

just learning the truck and setting records!!! Thats awesome!! :snoop: :bow:
Cant wait to see what it does next year!! Congrats on the times!!

No dog in the fight. But me personally. Once I'm in one bulb I'm ready or within a second or two of ready. If my opponent is in one bulb and I'm in none. I'll likely roll right in to both at the same time. On my end it's saying "Sorry for waiting on my laggy as 12 valve. Lets roll". And all 12 valves that take a bit should wait to come in until ready. To me its very easy to look over and see where your opponent stands. Same for him.

Great job to all that raced!

Whats the weight difference in these trucks?

Great post and well done!

Bretts weighs a tad over 4500 and I think Seth is closer to 4900-5000 maybe a bit more, he races a lot in the other outlaw races where the limit is 4900 so I assuming it is at least that especially since it's a 4x4. Maybe someone has the exact weight.

Never thought you would say this. LOL

I'm sure if you give the folks that out the event on 4.5 seconds to catch thier breath, they will post them.

Tim since you were involved it probably something you should be donig. :lolly:

Bretts weighs a tad over 4500 and I think Seth is closer to 4900-5000 maybe a bit more, he races a lot in the other outlaw races where the limit is 4900 so I assuming it is at least that especially since it's a 4x4. Maybe someone has the exact weight.

I know the exact weight and you are close....

Back