After thoughts on 2.6 rules.

Ya rumors :)

Hey Gene U guys keep saying was 2.8 . In the rules that defies the separation in classes what other than turbo is different ?? say engine wise?

Curts was setup to run 3.0 at scheid, both motors setup @ 3.0....... Adam's made more power... Just sayin

Why were all of them shelling out ring and pinions in the 2.8 class this year? I guess I am not following what your saying?

Put a new ring and pinion in every hook and you probably won't have a failure behind a 3.0, might even survive a 3.2.

The ring and pinion can only handle so much energy before it fails. You can run it to failure on the first pass, pray the track is smooth and make it down the track, then swap in a new one for next hook.

I guess if you are hitting brush pulls and you want the fair boards to adopt a 3.0 class with OEM driveline to keep the open drivelines from getting in it, and then allowing some people to run a 3.0 charger against the locals street trucks then it might make sense.

Cause a good running 3.0 truck on a good track will eat ring and pinions as fast as a fat kid eats cake. It won't blow every hook, but I would say 10-15 hooks would be the lifespan, possibly 20 hooks.

Where did you ever get the idea that I want a 3.0 class with stock drive line. I have never said that, Tim did. I am just defending the 2.8 class with stock drive line, because that is what I run and don't really want it to go away.

Agreed 3.0 trucks can eat r+p like I eat a ribeye steak sandwich at Scheids at 2am...

And yes I like to hook at the local brush pulls, that is why I will stay with stock drive line for as long as I can. It makes me feel good when I can go put 30 feet on a duramax with efi live that thinks its the shiznit....

Where did you ever get the idea that I want a 3.0 class with stock drive line. I have never said that, Tim did. I am just defending the 2.8 class with stock drive line, because that is what I run and don't really want it to go away.

Agreed 3.0 trucks can eat r+p like I eat a ribeye steak sandwich at Scheids at 2am...

I was under the impression that you and Tim ran similar setups.

Cake is easier to eat!:lolly:

Hmm, not exactly, 12v/24v, 5.13/3.73, duals/singles, ag pump/auto pump....

cake would not have burned my tongue, good thought

Why were all of them shelling out ring and pinions in the 2.8 class this year? I guess I am not following what your saying?

Put a new ring and pinion in every hook and you probably won't have a failure behind a 3.0, might even survive a 3.2.

The ring and pinion can only handle so much energy before it fails. You can run it to failure on the first pass, pray the track is smooth and make it down the track, then swap in a new one for next hook.

I guess if you are hitting brush pulls and you want the fair boards to adopt a 3.0 class with OEM driveline to keep the open drivelines from getting in it, and then allowing some people to run a 3.0 charger against the locals street trucks then it might make sense.

Cause a good running 3.0 truck on a good track will eat ring and pinions as fast as a fat kid eats cake. It won't blow every hook, but I would say 10-15 hooks would be the lifespan, possibly 20 hooks.

Hmmm what about a 3.4 truck? We have an unlimited single class here factory drivline, they do eat driveline parts but we also don't have the hard packed tracks like out your way.

Back