After thoughts on 2.6 rules.

Alot of good ideas here...and alot of BS. I think some of you guys have forgotten how you started out in this sport.
I run a stock charger and run the WS/2.5 classes and I do stick to the brush/local pulls...I know my limits. I would love to step up to a 2.6 charger...but if I do then I am way out-classed in most of the pulls that I would attend. Some of you say "that if you can't run with the big boys...then stay home". I don't have the money to sink into a 6-700 hp truck, but I love to pull...I love the competition. I just don't have the coin to make that big of a jump into a higher bracket.
Don't get me wrong...I do see the point in the "stay home" comment...but it would be nice if there was sumthin in between a WS and 2.6 class. I know it will never happen...but it would be nice.

There are some guys who are starting to dump huge amounts of money into there trucks to run the WS class at the local brush pulls!!?? So if I need to stay home because I can't afford to "run with the big dogs" then why can't these guys who are spending gobs of money building WS trucks take there cherry pickin a$$ses up to the 2.6 class???
If we start getting outgunned at the local brush pulls by "purpose built, high$$ WS trucks" then where in the he!! are guys like me supposed to go then?????

If the "tweeners" (whatever that means??) need to stay home or in the WS class....then the high$$$ guys need to jump their candy a$$es up into the 2.6 or higher classes and stop cherry-pickin on the lower budget guys.

I don't have an answer....just thought I'd throw a different perspective into the mix.

I understand what your saying but at the same time they cant make a class for everybody that cant afford to step up. Some of the problem lies in the fact that people are still pulling there street trucks and the broad variances that the scope covers, meaning you have everything from a guy with a stock truck with a chip to a guy that has turbo, injectors, ect.. If you look at the gas world they have pretty much cut all street driven class completely out except for a few fairs that still run them and the ones that ive seen they may have had 5 trucks in them. They have embrassed the fact that if you want to run in a beginner class here are the rules fit them and run and if you cant keep up need to work harder. The "Street Classes" as they are called causes 95% of the B****ing in diesel motorsports, why is that? Because most of the people say well this is all i can afford to do or this is all im going to do and this is all the rules should be because i cant keep up. If you were in the gasser world they would tell you to bad. Unfortanatly that is what needs to happen here the rules need to be set the idea of running a DD needs to go away because eventually its going to happen an the sooner everybody gets on board the sooner the sport will grow. This is an expensive sport in all classes but continue to complain only causes the sport to backwards. Run the rules that are set and have fun and when you can afford to step up do so if you cant maybe you should try something different like drag racing until you can afford the next step but the constant b****ing from these street classes gets really old. Here are the rules run them or dont but stop complaining because you cant afford to step up or i drive my truck every day. Dieseltracks this is no way directed towards you.

Alot of good ideas here...and alot of BS. I think some of you guys have forgotten how you started out in this sport.
I run a stock charger and run the WS/2.5 classes and I do stick to the brush/local pulls...I know my limits. I would love to step up to a 2.6 charger...but if I do then I am way out-classed in most of the pulls that I would attend. Some of you say "that if you can't run with the big boys...then stay home". I don't have the money to sink into a 6-700 hp truck, but I love to pull...I love the competition. I just don't have the coin to make that big of a jump into a higher bracket.
Don't get me wrong...I do see the point in the "stay home" comment...but it would be nice if there was sumthin in between a WS and 2.6 class. I know it will never happen...but it would be nice.

There are some guys who are starting to dump huge amounts of money into there trucks to run the WS class at the local brush pulls!!?? So if I need to stay home because I can't afford to "run with the big dogs" then why can't these guys who are spending gobs of money building WS trucks take there cherry pickin a$$ses up to the 2.6 class???
If we start getting outgunned at the local brush pulls by "purpose built, high$$ WS trucks" then where in the he!! are guys like me supposed to go then?????

If the "tweeners" (whatever that means??) need to stay home or in the WS class....then the high$$$ guys need to jump their candy a$$es up into the 2.6 or higher classes and stop cherry-pickin on the lower budget guys.

I don't have an answer....just thought I'd throw a different perspective into the mix.

Funny S***,, now there 2.8 trucks dropping to the 2.6 classes its a never ending cycle with the trucks why they cant be like a tractor and pretty much stick with one set of rules and not b**** about it idk, All this bs is why I have givin up on trucks even though its a passion of mine and I care and put a lot of money in my truck I'm building a pulling tractor so I dont have to deal with all this S***!!!!

Just sayin', if you love to pull, as you said above....

Why don't you hook it regardless of who else hooks? If you're within 10' of the big $ WS trucks, wouldn't that feel like a real accomplishment?

You're kinda restating the whole attitude of "If I can't be in the top X position then I will take my ball and go home."

I don't think you can design a class around that kind of attitude....because too many people have their own idea of where they should finish.

Why don't you hook it regardless of who else hooks? If you're within 10' of the big $ WS trucks, wouldn't that feel like a real accomplishment?

You're kinda restating the whole attitude of "If I can't be in the top X position then I will take my ball and go home."

I don't think you can design a class around that kind of attitude....because too many people have their own idea of where they should finish.

thats how i feel about it. i am a competitor but at the same time if some one beats me that has 5x the money into their truck and i still beat out some good trucks i feel accomplished

I guess I should've been a little more clear in my statements.....

I hook in the local WS/2.5 classes and also in any "Open" or "run whatcha brung" classes that may be local enough for me. I'm not afraid to hook against the "big boys"...sometimes I do pretty descent...sometimes not...it doesn't matter to me as long as I'm hookin to the sled and havin fun.
I don't have to finish in the "Top X" position to be satisified...as long as I have fun and drive it home in 1 piece, then it's been a good night!! He!!...I've never even placed in the money yet...but I'm out there doin it.
As far as hooking against the big $$ trucks in a WS class....I personally don't understand the concept of dropping big $$ into a truck to go out and run a lesser class just so they can say that they whooped on everybody...but I know it's gonna happen and I will continue to hook against them.

As I said above, I know there will never be anything between a WS class and a 2.6 class, it's not feasable, but it would be nice.

I'm content with running against the guys that I do!!! I've competed in several different types of Motorsports and they all end up being about the same thing...$$$$$$$$$. I understand that concept.

If I made it sound like I was b!tching...it wasn't my intent...I was just trying to put a different perspective on the whole "argument".

Ok, I follow what you're saying.

It makes no sense to me either why someone would drop $20k on a workstock motor. Personally I think it's douchebaggery taken to a whole new level.

looked like the protrusion rule made quite a difference in the 2.6 class at scheid. you could deffinatly tell the difference between 2.6 and 2.8 this weekend

Yea I had heard that 20+ ring and pinions were changed in the 2.8 class this weekend. Shows that the 2.8 is at the limit of the drivelines now.

looked like the protrusion rule made quite a difference in the 2.6 class at scheid. you could deffinatly tell the difference between 2.6 and 2.8 this weekend

OK, but was this because the bigger trucks weren't allowed to bush down? (I believe they were last year)

I'm not sure you can hang that all on the protrusion rule.

OK, but was this because the bigger trucks weren't allowed to bush down? (I believe they were last year)

I'm not sure you can hang that all on the protrusion rule.

Protrusion made some of the hottest KY boys to either change setups, jump up a class, or not pull at all @ SDX. Can't speak about other places/reasons.

Heard he had curts old engine from last year Curts new engine had some Harts stuff on it but u know how rumors go :)

quit crying about it and spend the money to beat him everybody wants the class for there truck build a truck for the class not that hard :nail:

Not an accurate test. Those are the best 2.8s in the country- most 2.8 trucks we see throughout the year would be way back in the pack at Scheids, and still have 2.6 trucks in front of them, protrusion or not.

BTW, Didn't Carl Sugg win 2.6? Former 2.8 truck a few months ago, lmfao!:lolly:

Back