After thoughts on 2.6 rules.

There is definatly a wider mix of truck at these events. Yes there are a bunch of trucks in the lot. More of the stock and I'm not pulling kind.

There is definatly a wider mix of truck at these events. Yes there are a bunch of trucks in the lot. More of the stock and I'm not pulling kind.

Well would they really hook, or just using the not pulling against built pullers for an excuse?

I see what your saying and have a very valid point. Even make it a twins class but truck has to be a dd. I don't know how you would know who's lying and who isn't though very hard class to tech. To be honest I wouldn't make it a turbo ruled class but more of a streetr class.

OK...

Pleez post up what trucks are winning and which category they fit in. I'm curious to see how it all works.

Its getting crappy around here to, numbers are way down. Only thing i know is that you can try and please one person but you will only piss another off. There is no happy in between.

I get my ass handed to me and laughed at every time I pull getting only in the 230 240 marks but hey. Im not there to win im there to have fun and build my truck and pull and have something to show for all my hard work as well as gain the knowledge I do along the way. Guys give me hell all the time like why do you waste your money or i could do much bette and my response is I enjoy it and nut up or shut up. I dont mind getting creamed but It would be cool to have a modified dd class where you could run a 2.6 charger or something.

OK...

Pleez post up what trucks are winning and which category they fit in. I'm curious to see how it all works.

Chris, white Dmax, on here got second at Moundsville. jamie Lent won at Waynesburg. I don't know half of these guys. The DMax that won at Moundsville appeared to be stock sticks and charger. They put 30' on me. Track conditions made a big difference. Point is on a decent track the field is a lot tighter. Win or lose the field is a lot closer.

Well for the street twins which is what I call mine (62/475) I daily drive mine when I want to not to work I have a car for that but drive it any other time. I have been to brush pulls this year where purpose built 2.8 trucks are and they complain like girls. Been to some that no one complains and are glad I came to hook. I took off twins and ran a single for a couple hooks this year then it wasn't fair cause of this or that. This proves that you can never make anyone happy no matter the rules/ no rules. I would love a class of just street twins but what are street twins? So here we go again. Build it for street then somebody builds it to the ragged edge and then who says its not streetable? Same thing all over again.

I really really wantred to stay out of all this BS but the lil guy on my shoulder is getting the best of me so....

Can we add a stock trans/clutch only class too? That way the true tuner only tucks wont have to get picked on buy the 622.326 hp street trucks who can hang in proper class.............

and how about a 2.8 inducer twin class @ 6500lbs as well for my truck!

I really really wantred to stay out of all this BS but the lil guy on my shoulder is getting the best of me so....

Can we add a stock trans/clutch only class too? That way the true tuner only tucks wont have to get picked on buy the 622.326 hp street trucks who can hang in proper class.............

imo stock trans and clutch would be a bad class. when i was pulling my 04 it was 100% stock except for a smarty and a double disk clutch and i know i wouldn't have been able to do it even at that power level with a stock clutch

From someone that has two DMaxes, one to pull and one to drag race.

Please Dont even consider the "Must be driven into the Pull" rule to get more street trucks.......it doesnt work!!!!!

Come to the S&R Pull in Franklin, guys unload their truck off the trailer, drive over to the wal-mart parking lot, turn around and drive it back in. Fits the rules doesnt it???

imo stock trans and clutch would be a bad class. when i was pulling my 04 it was 100% stock except for a smarty and a double disk clutch and i know i wouldn't have been able to do it even at that power level with a stock clutch

I know, im just being a smart ass! 8 months ago we were fighting to make like classes everywhere so guys knew where they belongd and could make their trucks fit a class and go around and pull differnt places and knew theyd have a place to belong, now we wanna invent classes.

Caleb, how many trucks do we get that pull the stock charger class? Do you remember the trouble at Listie?

I Give Up!

I Have Been Beat​

Got an idea to fix all of this nonsense, stop typeing and start wrenching, if you get beat go try to make it better for the next time if it fits the rules then dont worry bout it, its motorsports!

I still just don't understand the idiocy of thinking there is a real set of rules where a "real street truck" can be real competitive yet someone can't put together a truck and only pull with it and not beat the street truck? Are you really that dense to think a set of rules can really bring that to fruition??? No matter what you do, you cannot stop someone with $ and a dedicated truck from beating a street truck trying to compete. Period!

if you think you can, I'd love to see the set of rules that would do that. Be realistic too. Cannot have a rule about "must be driven to the event". That's just asinine since many people travel 100+ miles for a hook and it's obsurd to even think to make them drive the whole way and not have a way home if they break.

Waiting...

I still just don't understand the idiocy of thinking there is a real set of rules where a "real street truck" can be real competitive yet someone can't put together a truck and only pull with it and not beat the street truck? Are you really that dense to think a set of rules can really bring that to fruition??? No matter what you do, you cannot stop someone with $ and a dedicated truck from beating a street truck trying to compete. Period!

if you think you can, I'd love to see the set of rules that would do that. Be realistic too. Cannot have a rule about "must be driven to the event". That's just asinine since many people travel 100+ miles for a hook and it's obsurd to even think to make them drive the whole way and not have a way home if they break.

Waiting...

And I'm waiting to see you ever hook to a sled. Give ideas to get these trucks to hook or stay out of it. I've seen the gas classes dieing a slow death.

I cant wait to see the 2011 spring time arguments.......Trans brakes----prove it----i just have good breaks......BS!

Its tough around here too, we dont have the big classes

we run work stock 2.5

street diesel 2.8 single turbo or 2.8/2.5 twin turbod class (to fit A5000 over A3000) trucks

super street 3.75/3.0 twins or 3.75 single charger

And we still dont get that great of a turn out... i really dont know what to do to be perfectly honest.

Back