After thoughts on 2.6 rules.

haha, caleb dont get all worked up. I get confused on the people that want to calm down the out of control turbos then want water to keep their over fueled trucks cool...

i would also add i have only been out of the top 10 once at "big events" and i have a off the shelf 2.6 turbo..you can compete with these rules

You can't stop money, but you can limit how much of an advantage it buys you. Right now someone with money can buy the best of everything and put 100ft+ on the average Joe. Better rules could limit it to 15ft. Make it so money can only buy you so much. Right now the sky is the limit and guys with money are shooting for the stars.

I still just don't understand the idiocy of thinking there is a real set of rules where a "real street truck" can be real competitive yet someone can't put together a truck and only pull with it and not beat the street truck? Are you really that dense to think a set of rules can really bring that to fruition??? No matter what you do, you cannot stop someone with $ and a dedicated truck from beating a street truck trying to compete. Period!

if you think you can, I'd love to see the set of rules that would do that. Be realistic too. Cannot have a rule about "must be driven to the event". That's just asinine since many people travel 100+ miles for a hook and it's obsurd to even think to make them drive the whole way and not have a way home if they break.

Waiting...

OK...

Pleez post up what trucks are winning and which category they fit in. I'm curious to see how it all works.

Come to the Lawrence County Fair tomorrow night. They are running these rules!

I don't know how much these rules help a stock truck, with just a tuner. We pulled last night, and every truck in the pull off had more mods than just a tuner. The guy that one was running an 01 dodge extended cab dually with edge box, injectors, and a stock turbo.

My lift pump crapped out in the pull off. Wouldn't fuel.

You can't stop money, but you can limit how much of an advantage it buys you. Right now someone with money can buy the best of everything and put 100ft+ on the average Joe. Better rules could limit it to 15ft. Make it so money can only buy you so much. Right now the sky is the limit and guys with money are shooting for the stars.

Limit the tires, it is cheap, easy to tech, etc, etc.

Come to the Lawrence County Fair tomorrow night. They are running these rules!

I don't know how much these rules help a stock truck, with just a tuner. We pulled last night, and every truck in the pull off had more mods than just a tuner. The guy that one was running an 01 dodge extended cab dually with edge box, injectors, and a stock turbo.

My lift pump crapped out in the pull off. Wouldn't fuel.

You're pulling in a "stock" class? :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

You're pulling in a "stock" class? :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

All the trucks in the pull off were modded up, pretty good. I asked if i was allowed to pull. I was told there was only one class. I fully expected to be exhibition. No body teched any thing. Ryan Graham's truck won with a different driver. He beat some good trucks..seasoned driver made a difference

haha, caleb dont get all worked up. I get confused on the people that want to calm down the out of control turbos then want water to keep their over fueled trucks cool...

If the water comment is directed at me your wrong.

I think maybe he means tire size like no bigger then 33x12.50. Am I right Dan?

Possibly a 35 12.50 single, and if you run duals either make them run a single 33x12.50 or they must run the factory dually size, which is a 245/75 or smaller.

I mean many of the ideas on here are good ideas for an ideal world, but we all know there will be folks that push or even flat out cheat.

The tire rule would make it come down to truck setup, obviously the power is gonna help as the guy with more power can pull a few gears higher.

I have ran some 33x12.50 on some pretty poor tracks, you can get them to hook up ok.

If you are overfueled you most likely are not using water to cool, because the fuel keeps it cool. The water is making more power than anything.

1 There is no doubt NADM 2.6 is the cream of the crop premier class.

2 Most pullers represented here don't want to see a change.

3 Your average diesel owner isn't going to hook no matter what. There is a WS class for them in NADM and at most fair pulls.

4 This leaves a large group of tweener trucks with aftermarket chargers in limbo. Can't hook WS or stock at fairs.

5 This brings us to unified rules. The average joe isn't going to hook. The daily driver "kid" with a hot street truck isn't going to get embarrassed in front of his woman or friends to pull 2.6 NADM rules.

Why can't we as a group come up with a set of rules that local groups or fairs can use to include the tweeners. These trucks are the next group coming up if we include them.

Give it a rest Jesus. :bang
Brandon

I'm no expert puller, but to me a proper setup truck with a skilled driver and a great ability to read the track and pick your line, will get alot farther then someone with no idea and $$$$$$$$$$$$$. If you ever get a chance to talk to the guys who haved pulled for along time, tractors trucks etc. They will tell you there is more to it than a big a$$ motor.

after thoughts on the 2.6 rules

I'm thinking he was commenting on me, I have pulled with blackbetty 5 times this year. The first 3 was bad pulls for me, for whatever reason. I'm doing exactly what everyone else does to there ride when it's not running right. We keep on working on it, wrenching, tuning, etc. I have built my truck to be competive, not to be at the rear of the pack. And if I have any luck my truck will continue to get better!

Blackbetty yes I have a custom built turbo, do I run too much fuel, maybe-but also depends on the what the dail is set on for the tuning. No I do not run water/meth or just straight water. I purchased Devils Own water/meth kit over a year ago, and it's still in the box brand new (and for sale) never got any positive comments on the water/meth for the duramax. So I never installed it! Blackbetty you are one of the reasons why I have continued to try and make my truck run better. Your truck runs great!

Guys I have a lot of thoughts on the 2.6 class, I don't agree with everything, but on the same token I agree with some of there rules. It's always going to be hit or miss.

Jim V

And I'm waiting to see you ever hook to a sled. Give ideas to get these trucks to hook or stay out of it. I've seen the gas classes dieing a slow death.

It'll happen soon enough and when it does, I will NOT be at the front of the pack. Guess what, I'm ok with that! I understand the kind of money spent on the well performing trucks & I don't have it so I won't be one of them. I'm going to just be another guy hooking to have fun. Hence y I'm building something diff. ;) Will u catch me cryin on here about it? Oh heck no!!

So u want me to butt out but probably 95% of current participants in the largest class in the country (so it must not be too out of reach financially or there wouldnt be so many of them ;) ) wants you and everyone else to stfu about street trucks being competitive in the class. Quit screwing with the hottest, most watched, most competitive class there is!! Everyone doesn't get a ribbon!

BUT since I'm still just an armchair puller, I guess I'll heed my own advise and enjoy a big tall glass of the stfu too. :D

Back