After thoughts on 2.6 rules.

My truck pulls just fine for the area. I'd like to see more of the trucks in the parking lot on the track hooked to a sled.

I dont know who runs water honestly. I don't know alot i admit that but at some point the water is helping you keep it cool. My other problem is if you want to get the average joe in it go to the fuel stop and ask them how many have water. Javlanv1 i didn't know you have water or anything i don't concern myself that much with the other trucks honestly i just keep trying to win some. I was just at the garage today to get some prices i like the competition its fun.

This is some funny chit looks like some pullers are affraid of competition and want a class just for themselves rather than start @ the bottom and work their way up like the rest of us.
Here is a good one. Why can't we have a class for the guy in the stands to pull in? Do you want a class like this to help build the sport or so you can pull against the locals and look like a big time puller?
Correct me if I'm wrong but most fairs around my area want to put on a good show and in a timely manner and none of this will happen if you have a class for the 1st timers to pull in. THAT IS WHY WE HAVE BRUSH PULLS SO PEOPLE CAN GET THEIR FEET WET AND NOT GET TO EMBARASSED DOING IT.

PT OUT!

This is some funny chit looks like some pullers are affraid of competition and want a class just for themselves rather than start @ the bottom and work their way up like the rest of us.

Now that is funny chit as you say. I've had my ups and downs but I wouldn't be afraid to hook against anyone.

If someone makes a set of rules - someone else is going to BUILD to those rules. The guy that built to those rules is going to dominate all the guys that just FIT those rules.

Make the rules whatever you want Kevin - the guys in the parking lot will stay in the parking lot because they will still get beat by the guys that are passionate about pulling thier truck. Stop all this "street" nonsense. Who cares? There are so many trucks hooking in central Ohio that the 2.6 class can get boring seeing 40+ trucks hook. If the 2.6 trucks are the same ones going and doing well in a "3.0 or Unlimited Single" class - then guess what - you need to work on that "3.0 or Unlimited Single" class. Its not my fault that there are enough hot 2.6 trucks exist that can do well in a class that has low participation at most venues.

Participation is not an issue in central Ohio. There are a lot of guys that hook just to hook - and they are OK knowing they are not going to be top 5.

LOL Ok Jason I hear you loud and clear.

Dear Lord forgive me for the starving pygmies in Africa.

I will leave this alone, I promise!

Y'know I think there is consensus on this now.

Beginners need to go to brush pulls to get their feet wet. If the PPP rules allow a mix of trucks, and no one single guy is dominating, then run with that and be happy. Maybe we should make a point of helping push those rules at local events that don't have some high-level event going on.

At the bigger events, let's run unified national rules, put on a good show, and no frickin' whining. Man up and shut up.

People's expectations need adjusting sometimes. When I started pulling, I didn't expect to win or have some huge trophy and the key to the secret city. I just wanted to hook and see how I did. You've got to be that simple about it.

And if we're at a track and a newb has questions, I think we should all try to help out and direct them to a venue where they fit, without giving them any kind of primadonna attitude or BS. Because at the end of the day I think we all find that the future of the sport has a lot to do with how we treat other people. Who wants to join some club or org that's full of assholes? No one!

This is all we can do. End of story.

Y'know I think there is consensus on this now.

Beginners need to go to brush pulls to get their feet wet. If the PPP rules allow a mix of trucks, and no one single guy is dominating, then run with that and be happy. Maybe we should make a point of helping push those rules at local events that don't have some high-level event going on.

At the bigger events, let's run unified national rules, put on a good show, and no frickin' whining. Man up and shut up.

People's expectations need adjusting sometimes. When I started pulling, I didn't expect to win or have some huge trophy and the key to the secret city. I just wanted to hook and see how I did. You've got to be that simple about it.

And if we're at a track and a newb has questions, I think we should all try to help out and direct them to a venue where they fit, without giving them any kind of primadonna attitude or BS. Because at the end of the day I think we all find that the future of the sport has a lot to do with how we treat other people. Who wants to join some club or org that's full of assholes? No one!

This is all we can do. End of story.

Well put :clap:

I think todays society kids/people are being raised that they are all winners, well guess what they arent, they are all losers unless they finish first. My girlfriends 9 year old is a prime example he gets a participation ribbon in every sport he does. What does that teach kids, it teaches them no matter how bad at something you are you still get a prize at the end. Guess what thats not real life. He expects to get something every time he does something that is the root of all whiners right there that even if your not good or cant keep up your still a winner, that is the most false thing in our society. When i was growing up if you if you sucked at something they told you, you sucked not hears a ribbon good job. But yes we should all help the newbies to an extent but if they cant figure it out maybe they are in the wrong sport, i mean if you arent good at ski diving how many times do you have to jump out of a plane before you figure out you suck at it or your equipment isnt up to snuff

Last edited:
Yeah, seriously...

The fact that these forums exist makes things waaaaaaaay easier for people to learn and gather info.

Think back like 20 years or more about the guys who were serious tractor pullers. You showed up at a pull with your junk, was there someone there with a list of things you should do? No. You took yer beatings and learned it on your own or quit. Maybe they got lucky and someone would lend them a hand, otherwise.....do, or die tryin'.

A LOT you need to know about pulling has been discussed here a dozens of times over. And I think we all know damn well that kids today know how to use the interwebbythingy.

I think a lot of these parked trucks are gonna stay parked trucks, for reasons totally unrelated to rules packages.

One other thing that could be done, if one was serious about attracting new trucks, organize some kind of "rookie night" or something where people can mess around with a light sled and get the hang of it.

I mean, haven't we all said that "once you do it, you're hooked"? So arrange a do-it and have some seasoned guys there to help / advise / etc. I'd volunteer.

Way to go Matt i love the idea! Now lets see who is the first to jump on this band wagon and put forth the effort and money to organize this "rookie nite" to get all these parking lot trucks on the track in stead of B@#$hin about, i would volenteer my time to drive some were to help, may even bring the puller for them to see up close what hard work and passion may get them. Im not holding my breath this will ever get done

I can build a track and get a sled reasonable. You guys cover the insurance and everything else, deal?

I have a question for you masters. How many of you have walked past the clown with the ball hitch or the garden tractor clevis, chuckled, and kept on?

Do me a favor and TELL the guy, it wont work, better borrow one quick.

1 There is no doubt NADM 2.6 is the cream of the crop premier class.

2 Most pullers represented here don't want to see a change.

3 Your average diesel owner isn't going to hook no matter what. There is a WS class for them in NADM and at most fair pulls.

4 This leaves a large group of tweener trucks with aftermarket chargers in limbo. Can't hook WS or stock at fairs.

5 This brings us to unified rules. The average joe isn't going to hook. The daily driver "kid" with a hot street truck isn't going to get embarrassed in front of his woman or friends to pull 2.6 NADM rules.

Why can't we as a group come up with a set of rules that local groups or fairs can use to include the tweeners. These trucks are the next group coming up if we include them.

Kevin, this post is a huge step in the right direction from your confrontational original, lol.

I elect Kevin to write the "tweener rules" and present them to the fair boards, and shoot for an early hook, of 10 out of the stands trucks.

I can build a track and get a sled reasonable. You guys cover the insurance and everything else, deal?

I have a question for you masters. How many of you have walked past the clown with the ball hitch or the garden tractor clevis, chuckled, and kept on?

Funny thing Gene, i did that one night to a kid that had a really small clevis said "hey that clevis is to small the hook isnt going to go in it" his reaction was to get in my face and ask me if i was scared of his truck whipping mine,(he had an edge ONLY) said nope but will let you borrow a good hitch i had laying in my trailer. He said nope this one is fine. We all got to laugh at him for a good 10 minutes when after he hooked they couldnt get the truck unhooked because the hook was stuck in the clevis.

Ive tried to help guys but i get tired of the attitudes most of these newbie kids have about how great they think they are and when you attempt to give them advice, they get sh**y and give you an attitude. So i dont lend my help unless they ask

Gene, I would have said that the right way to do it, is to walk up an offer a competition-worthy hitch.

However as Jeremy points out, newbs can be cocky bastards sometimes. Part of the problem is that the newb has no idea who you are, so you may as well be another competitor trying to pull a fast one on 'em.

Offer help, if you're told to pound sand, walk on. No skin off your back, and you tried.

OK, but would that not rob you of an opportunity to be a prick? LOL

Back