Ahale's 94 Build thread

I saw 70 psi on a highway blast sat night.

I lost the ability to brake boost it though. Tried it twice last night and if did not enjoy it.

I know i have a small leak on the spool flange. This week i'm ordereing a waste gate and a intermediate so I can play at the track.

Good to hear .. maybe you can get someone to get a Video of a good test hit .. or even a nice drive bye !!

any one have any experience with tuning two wastegates, one for 1-2-3 and one for 4-5-6? I'm thinking of two 2-bolt flange 38mm gates on top of the manifold. I just dont know if they would be a ***** to tune or what? the boost I'm pushing is up there, and I'd like to throw a bit of spray at it to spool.

This is what you need, it's T4 and wont work with our spool flange/T6 inlet turbo because the 2nd wastegate port is pointed into our reverse mounted turbo's compressor housing:
T4 angled with dual gates
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Looks like Godspeed updated their design since I bought mine about a year ago. With two 50mm gates and a load of nitrous there is no telling what kind of power you can spray out of that poor motor! :D

Looks like a regular T4 manifold? Not a comp? Not looking to change any piping while I'm at this. Two surface mount 38's should be more than enough. Tempting but this seems easier.

Ordered 2 38mm surface mount gates from Chase at Beans, I would think they will be more than enough to handle a tad of spray here and there. Should be interesting tuning them.

headed to detroit for a week for business but hopefully I'll have those and an intermediate sitting at home when I get back. I'd like to at least get one run in that I'm proud of before winter.

Thanks^

So has anyone had experience with the TCS "maraging" billet intermediate? I bought one yesterday. It will be here by friday. Did some research on the material and it is supposed to keep its ductility and yet still much stronger than 300m. I probably didn't need it... But hey.

I'm going to soften up lockup engagement when I'm in the trans, the 3 bolt plate with the fluid relief hole on top of the VB is drilled to about 1/4 inch.

Hopefully I'll dig into the trans this weekend. Wategates should be in this week, hopefully i can get those set up.

I wish I knew how to make this engine run right.

60degrees F and its starts up like its 30. Smoke when the engine is cold is absurd. It acts like its just not burning the fuel.

I'm so sick of not knowing whats wrong with this pile

Did you just drill and tap your manifold for the waste gates?

Have your rings seated yet? Possible culprit of the rough not-so-cold starting?

Back