Another 6l breaks 450hp

Well this has grown into a pissin match huh? Lets get it back to the topic, whatever the hell it was.

Try some different tunes don't give up that quick it sounds like you have the air and fuel there to make 500+rwhp just tuning may be off or check your fuel filters may have got a bad tank

good luck and if your set on selling go buy a duramax 05-07 put a gt4094r turbo, EFI live, lift pump, built trans and it will go 550-600 all day long # 2 only just try not to puch it over 650-700rwhp or yu'll be picking up part off the ground

You autos never drive a stick before? ya have no idea hat turbo lag is until you drive a bigger then stock tubo on a manual truck. and I know hte VGT turbo's are keeping ya ford folks spoiled.

It's no traction. not at all. it's spool. manuals, with anything bigger then a STOCK turbo have ZERO BOOST at the line. with a stock charger, you can get 2, maybe 3psi at 2500rpm.

It's all motor for the fist 60 feet!!! :)

Next time at the track, when the light goes green, just hit the go peddle. the next time, do a boost launch and tell me your difference in 60 foot time. and then compare the rest of the numbers.

outlaw6oh, that depends on when they are shifting, if they pull to 3500, or even 4000 with the latest tunes, they are not making good power (stock cam, head), they are prolly not paying attention to their dyno charts... I have 4000rpms. I make like 200hp at 4000rpm. :) I make good power from 2300 to 3000. I do not lose enough boost to cry about between shifts. Infact, most folks that see me run, are shocked to see a stick, cuz it sounds like an auto. For me at least. others shift better, most prolly don't.

Power Stroke, I ran almost 12mph faster then that. cuz I spend .6 of every hole shot waiting for that turbo to light. :) on a 30mph roll. I'd be 4+ trucks in front of ya before ya know it and letting out at 130mph at 3500rpm. That's about when my truck stops pulling.

The real test of power is what MPH you run. Auto, manual, it typically comes very close to evening out if you look at the mph number. That is what show how powerful you built the motor.

AS far as ET, tha's the test of skills ya have, or how much money you dumped into you auto to hold a 20psi launch.

my truck has the worst boost lag i think ive ever seen on a 6.0 from a dead stop in 2wd....

Yep. The first pull was wasted on me spinning the tires on the dyno. Wasnt strapped down enough. Disappointed in the numbers. Have to either do some more stuff and try elites tune or get rid of the truck and get something different that responds better to mods. Ryan

do you have a sticker in the back window? were you trying to race like everybody and blow smoke on em?? LOL jw cuz there was a black lifted 6.0 up there rolling coal and tryin to race a lot of people and i tried to play but always had cars in front...and it raced my buddies old standard cab red 12V and a cop came rippin up to him and talked to him while pulling into the fairgrounds......if that is you, seems like you def have something going on with the truck cuz it had a ton of boost lag for sure and didnt seem to wake up like it should....i know on mine if i nail it from like a 20 roll, sits and blows smoke for a sec, but then after the turbo lights she screams and is at 70 before ya know it....

haha. that was me. I wasn't trying to race that guy. Just letting it roll out some coal and then lettin off. The HO def. has some lag but once it gets up, it goes. innovatives tune has a lot more lag though cause it locks the convertor early. Should have said what's up. it was a good weekend. got pulled over a few times that weekend. No tickets though. nock on wood. Ryan

Ryan loves bench racing. He is probably the best around at least around here. I really want to see Matt and Ryan race. Ryan is always boasting he can beat them but all reality it never happens. I think we need s grudge match for Ryan and Matt.

My vote is for White350on22's:rockwoot:

haha. that was me. I wasn't trying to race that guy. Just letting it roll out some coal and then lettin off. The HO def. has some lag but once it gets up, it goes. innovatives tune has a lot more lag though cause it locks the convertor early. Should have said what's up. it was a good weekend. got pulled over a few times that weekend. No tickets though. nock on wood. Ryan

well, you were too busy tryin to blow smoke on me to talk! lol and i didnt realize you were a fellow forum member! i never saw robs truck there...last year we stayed at the same motel cuz i saw the truck there....
better be glad you didnt get any red lights by me....LOL my truck rolls quite a bit of coal too!

haha. wish I did get a light. would have been a good run. Sorry about the smoke but if your like me you probably enjoyed it. I love the smell of it.
Rob. your the biggest talker here. I've never been asked to run matt and I never would back out. Ill race anyone. I don't care.
harley, not sure ill do some lookin around.

well, let me know if you are ever going to be near here or we will have to meet up at scheids next year! LOL

Back