Another 6l breaks 450hp

You autos never drive a stick before? ya have no idea hat turbo lag is until you drive a bigger then stock tubo on a manual truck. and I know hte VGT turbo's are keeping ya ford folks spoiled.

It's no traction. not at all. it's spool. manuals, with anything bigger then a STOCK turbo have ZERO BOOST at the line. with a stock charger, you can get 2, maybe 3psi at 2500rpm.

It's all motor for the fist 60 feet!!! :)

Next time at the track, when the light goes green, just hit the go peddle. the next time, do a boost launch and tell me your difference in 60 foot time. and then compare the rest of the numbers.

outlaw6oh, that depends on when they are shifting, if they pull to 3500, or even 4000 with the latest tunes, they are not making good power (stock cam, head), they are prolly not paying attention to their dyno charts... I have 4000rpms. I make like 200hp at 4000rpm. :) I make good power from 2300 to 3000. I do not lose enough boost to cry about between shifts. Infact, most folks that see me run, are shocked to see a stick, cuz it sounds like an auto. For me at least. others shift better, most prolly don't.

Power Stroke, I ran almost 12mph faster then that. cuz I spend .6 of every hole shot waiting for that turbo to light. :) on a 30mph roll. I'd be 4+ trucks in front of ya before ya know it and letting out at 130mph at 3500rpm. That's about when my truck stops pulling.

The real test of power is what MPH you run. Auto, manual, it typically comes very close to evening out if you look at the mph number. That is what show how powerful you built the motor.

AS far as ET, tha's the test of skills ya have, or how much money you dumped into you auto to hold a 20psi launch.

You are a pretty good gear rower. :bow:

4wd Ford with a tuner and exhaust which is right around 400 to 430 WHP have run 13.9- 13.7. Depends on cab configuration and year of truck.

So, 400WHP Auto ford and you 578 (Almost) 600WHP manual Dodge are close. Driver's race really.

There are some guys out there that have gotten short throw shift set ups for their manual dodges and can really row the gears that will definitely run good times. My statement was average driver in each; 400WHP ford w/Auto and 600WHP Dodge with manual will be a close race.

I'm assuming these are all "boosted launches" for the auto's tho.

I have no idea when they were shifting but could hear them every time, the weird thing about the cummins is they never sound excited it's like getting ran down by a semi you hear them coming:hehe:. Of course I run in the slower pro2 class and never run any real fast dodges either.
And I've never driven one racing but I did drive my brothers dodge several times, of course it's different at the track, I can tell they aren't getting goot boosted launches like me but they still pull hard once they get moving.

Power Stroke, I ran almost 12mph faster then that. cuz I spend .6 of every hole shot waiting for that turbo to light. :) on a 30mph roll. I'd be 4+ trucks in front of ya before ya know it and letting out at 130mph at 3500rpm. That's about when my truck stops pulling.

i dont race from a roll and dont forget i have nitrous and im not afraid to use it, itll be me 4+ lengths in front of you :evil

i dont race from a roll and dont forget i have nitrous and im not afraid to use it, itll be me 4+ lengths in front of you :evil

I was thinking of going up to the Silver 62 and keeping the charger on the small side and getting a NX setup.

heh, I like my on the roll passing power :) Tho, I don't need spray to pass a prius unlike you :) :shake:

6sp trucks are fun as heck to drive and are really quick from rolling starts but put them at the line and most lose alot of time. I hear ya with the 2-3 psi off the line, as of now my street rod only gets 3-5 psi off the line and a 2.4-2.7 60ft!! changing out the converter ASAP, i was hittin 91mph in the 1/8 w/o no2 so im guessing with a good launch and both stages i will be over 100mph 1/8

I'm assuming these are all "boosted launches" for the auto's tho.

You are correct those are boosted launches in 4wd. I, unfortunately, am very much like you even with my auto. My truck is 2wd so I can only launch at about 1200RPMs. My 94.96 mph in the traps would indicate that I would be able to run a good 14.1 pass if I could launch at 2000 RPM's like the 4wd guys. 14.5's are a side effect of 2.260 60' times :(

As I stated before, you are a darn good gear rower. My hats off to ya.

i bet a prius would rip ya a new one outta the hole

Naw. They see the smoke and get distracted and I beat them on reaction time. It''s a mental race at that point :). something about the environment, saving oil. not sure.

heh, speaking of little useless cars. there was a Honda insight doing bracket racing. Funniest thing I heard an announcer at the track say "The honda insight is having consistently problems"... This dude was running a 20 second 1/4 miles at like 50mph. :)

You are correct those are boosted launches in 4wd. I, unfortunately, am very much like you even with my auto. My truck is 2wd so I can only launch at about 1200RPMs. My 94.96 mph in the traps would indicate that I would be able to run a good 14.1 pass if I could launch at 2000 RPM's like the 4wd guys. 14.5's are a side effect of 2.260 60' times :(

As I stated before, you are a darn good gear rower. My hats off to ya.

100hp ago and with a stock charger. I still ran a 13.9, but at 100mph in 4x4 (2.0 - 2.2 60 foot) I did a run in 2wd, lite of 2nd, lite up 3rd, and much to my surprised, lite up 4h. managed to have traction in 5th and 6th. ran a 14.9 @ 100mh. That was fun!

So can anybody confirm if Ryan is actually selling his truck?!?

First-He has to get his daddys approval before he can sell anything of his dads.

Second- I have never raced Evan from a dead dig yet. Second I pull on Justin & Evan on the freeway no problems. Rob we need to post the video of my truck puttingthe spanking on Justin online to prove that I beat him, Also the video of Ryans truck not making test hill at silver lake. HAHAHA

Also on on you tube is another truck beating Ryan....hint hint. And he wasnt spraying.

Ryan said he is not selling it. I dont think Dad would allow that. I think he was talking about a partial sponsership from a well known 6l guy. He wanted to get his turbo dialed in for him.

Just a FYi...Ryans truck was the only one who couldnt make it up test hill at the sanddunes. We have pictures of that. I dont think anyone got a video.

Like ryan said, I cant talk Sh#$ since my truck isnt running. But I can tell you the truck I was in made it up no problem. In fact so did the tundra next to him:kick:

Good luck ryan.

i was responding the ralphs post about the traction issues

Thanks. So basically, autos can get boost, where as manuals cannot (at launch). Basically, a manual turbo vehicle then, is no good at the track, correct? Is that always the case? Would a properly set up auto always beat the same HP manual (both turbos)?

I'd say it's more than that, the couple stick Dodges I ran that were faster than me I could hear them catching me, every time they shifted it was like they were starting all over at lor rpm low boost then it would pull on me as the rpms' built up, die off again on the next shift. Where as mine pulls constant throughout staying up in the rpms' and boost.

ever look at a cummins dyno graph, id never own one with a stick, the power is very peaky and has a sweet spot of only a few hundred rpms. let the converter do the work to keep the RPMs where they should be and have another hand on the wheel to keep it straight.

Thanks. So basically, autos can get boost, where as manuals cannot (at launch). Basically, a manual turbo vehicle then, is no good at the track, correct? Is that always the case? Would a properly set up auto always beat the same HP manual (both turbos)?

id say the auto is going to get the jump and keep it esp if both trucks are identical just with diff transmissions. you know what they do with turbo cars that are manuals right, two step rev limiter, its the only way to load the engine at the line to create boost.

worked good on my old thunderbird. powershifting helps keep the boost between shifts to.

Attachments

• TC 23.JPG
    TC 23.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 13
Matt please. I do what I want with my truck. Most the stuff I bought with my own money when I wasn't going to school. Let's not talk about borrowing money from our dads cause your in more debt then me buddy!! or atleast were. I'm working some things out with the truck, that is why it is not for sale. if it doesn't prove itself in ohio then I will sell it during winter. PLEASE! @ didn't even air down and my truck was starting to over heat at the dunes. I tried once and the truck started to overheat. I've done it before and will do it again. I didn't air out because I was leaving that day.
Rob: don't mix my words up. there is no partial sponsorship but a want for one. so don't go talking about stuff you don't know about. We are working on a different setup for the HO. I just have to send it to them.
again next time I'm there for more then 3 hours ill air down.

Back