Another 6l breaks 450hp

I will say the Cummins is a far better engine and can make alot more power. I have both and like them for different reasons.

But what good is an engine with all that power if everything else falls apart. :hehe:

Now put a Cummins in a Ford....now your talking!! :rockwoot: Soon as mine blows up, that is what is going it. That is unless dodge fixes their cracker jack box they call a truck.

Congrats on the numbers!! :Cheer:

no thanks... I did my research before I bought my first diesel and landed on Cummins for a reason :eek:

See you did it backwards it's cheaper to put a cummins in a Ford then a Ford around your cummins. When my powerstroke dies a cummins will replace it, what are you gonna do when your Dodge dies?:rockwoot:

All this discussion is about a 6l hitting 450+ on fuel.....got to love it

Ryan,,,,,I talk to my buddy after I got off the phone with you. They have (8) 07 common rails in stock...All new all mega cabs...Ill get you the number tomorrow.

Im sure you stuff will go fast online. Everyone is waiting for parts.

Pm Ryan if you need any of his parts

SCT
VGT ho
200cc injectors
Fass 150/150,
Dj Fuel thing (intesifer)
Gauge pod

Truck is foresale also

See you did it backwards it's cheaper to put a cummins in a Ford then a Ford around your cummins. When my powerstroke dies a cummins will replace it, what are you gonna do when your Dodge dies?:rockwoot:

my first truck has ~400k on it and still kicking... my 98 only has 217k and my '04 only has 62k... I'm not too worried about the trucks :)

Ford does make a nice truck except for the horrible idea that you have to remove the cab to work on the motor?? What's up with that design??:bang

Ford does make a nice truck except for the horrible idea that you have to remove the cab to work on the motor?? What's up with that design??:bang

You dont need to. You can do most any work with it still in the cab. The only thing that requires the cab to be pulled would be head studs.

my first truck has ~400k on it and still kicking... my 98 only has 217k and my '04 only has 62k... I'm not too worried about the trucks :)

I've also got a reliable 6leaker and so do others out there, just because you got lucky with your truck don't mean it's the norm, but more like the exception to the rule.

And you don't have to lift the cab to work on it, and you can do studs without lifting the cab also, it's just a little easier to remove the engine or pull the cab. Besides like I said when I put a cummins in there I won't need to do either.

I will say the Cummins is a far better engine and can make alot more power. I have both and like them for different reasons.

But what good is an engine with all that power if everything else falls apart. :hehe:

Now put a Cummins in a Ford....now your talking!! :rockwoot: Soon as mine blows up, that is what is going it. That is unless dodge fixes their cracker jack box they call a truck.

Congrats on the numbers!! :Cheer:

if someone would build used trucks they could probably have a pretty good business, I would buy one... SUPERDUTY-CUMMINS!

The limitation of the 6.0L truck, or any diesel with a similar setup, is air. If you have 225 to 325cc injectors, the truck is going to dyno nearly the same numbers at stock boost levels. A larger turbo, compounds, or n20 and the trucks come alive. I've dyno'd trucks with ~500rwhp on fuel only. With spray and no other changes, they hit 750+rwhp. That's how you get an 11 second 6.0L with minimal mods. Throw on a larger turbo or compounds and you are in the 800+rwhp range.

I also have a fully built 05 Dodge Cummins. With 80psi of boost, it comes alive. 30-35psi and it's a smokey freight train.

The limitation of the 6.0L truck, or any diesel with a similar setup, is air. If you have 225 to 325cc injectors, the truck is going to dyno nearly the same numbers at stock boost levels. A larger turbo, compounds, or n20 and the trucks come alive. I've dyno'd trucks with ~500rwhp on fuel only. With spray and no other changes, they hit 750+rwhp. That's how you get an 11 second 6.0L with minimal mods. Throw on a larger turbo or compounds and you are in the 800+rwhp range.

I also have a fully built 05 Dodge Cummins. With 80psi of boost, it comes alive. 30-35psi and it's a smokey freight train.

Well put Eric!! The 6.0L engine is a good engine. It needs a few tweaks here and there that International should have built into them from the start but whatever. But once a guy puts in studs, gets rid of the EGR crap, and a few other little things they are pretty reliable.

Tyler

it all depends if you want a truck or a race truck. When I bought mine i didnt even know all this existed. I drive a stock 3500hd duramax dually 4x4 all day at work, when I get into my f250 it feels like a cadi. Both are 2006 models fully loaded and I like the ford better. Yes there are things I would change about the ford, but for the most part I like it. Its just a truck.

I have a feeling the 6.0 is on the verge of something pretty big. Actually damned big. Only time will tell. We need more air, and I think its not far away.

I have a feeling the 6.0 is on the verge of something pretty big. Actually damned big. Only time will tell. We need more air, and I think its not far away.

I thought the big hold up was the slick stuff "oil" that the big injectored trucks were limited by. Seems you can always get air big turbos and:nos:

Yeah but getting it into the cylinder seems to be a problem still.

Eric, do you still own any kind of Ford 6.0L? I know you sold the race truck.

I thought the big hold up was the slick stuff "oil" that the big injectored trucks were limited by. Seems you can always get air big turbos and:nos:

I would have to agree, with the new twin set ups and different cams, I was under the assumption our hold up is these dumb injectors and oil system.
Not to mention to have a tranny run consistently would be nice also.

Back