Another 6l breaks 450hp

the 6l is a good mod engine it has great street manners and is easily a 12 sec truck. tuner and nitrous, what else do you really need on the street? I believe that a 477 hp 6l will give a 600 hp cummins a run for its money

the 6l is a good mod engine it has great street manners and is easily a 12 sec truck. tuner and nitrous, what else do you really need on the street? I believe that a 477 hp 6l will give a 600 hp cummins a run for its money

Good God don't say that out loud over at the Diesel Garage. You'd have thought I committed the ultimate sin saying that the average driver with a 600HP manual cummins racing a 400HP 6.0L Ford with a torqshift would have it's hands full. It was almost like callin' someone's momma fat. :charger:

I agree the intake design on the 6.0 sucks. The way it is no matter how much fuel or boost you have you just can't shove enough of it through the runners and in to the heads in enough volume to make the kind of power a lot of people are shooting for. Big oil will help when/if it comes out. But then the next hot topic will move to the intakes IMO.

Wasn't the air intake discussed recently in an article Diesel Power? There is a company that was dealing with that very issue of getting the air into the cylinders.

I must've missed the article? That would be cool if its true.

I don't know anything about Dodge's with Cummins', but, why would a 400RWHP PSD give a 600RWHP Cummins a good run?

I don't know anything about Dodge's with Cummins', but, why would a 400RWHP PSD give a 600RWHP Cummins a good run?

:hehe::hehe::hehe: that's an awesome name!!!!

i'm assuming he means a 400hp PSD auto vs. a 600hp Cummins manual because there would be no competition if it were a 600hp auto

That's what I said.... 400WHP PSD with a torqshift and a 600WHP Cummins with a manual.

So what does a 400whp frud run in a 1/4?

I was taking it easy on the hole shot because a few days before I slipped my single disk SBC ConfFE (60-70,000 or so miles on it). Did managed to do it again on my 3rd run of the night grabbing 5th. Any who, with a 2.6 60 foot, I ran a 13.9 at 106.99. When the DoubleDisk is in and I learn to slip 3rd well, I'm sure i'll knock a that down a little and gain a mph or two.

7220# that day as well ( suppose, check my sig)

I know an and auto, of hte same wheel hp will run almost a full second quicker then me But damn, my truck back halfs a track like no other :) 107mph is moving, expecally when I bogged on that faster run o hte night

The thing to remember, a manual truck, with a decent driver, is only going to have trouble for the first 100'. If you start out in 2nd, the problem is finding 3rd. Or the problem is slipping 3rd just right. After that with my experience so far with a 62 turbo, there s no boost lost if you can manage to shift fast enough. I'm sure the equation changed with even a bigger exhaust housing.

I think some of Eric's (ID) tunes have taken basically stock PSD 6.0's (tuner and a pipe) to about 13.7-13.8. I can't remember exactly where the time is, but it is in that region. Pretty good for under a grand over the stock truck, isn't it?

mine ran 13.9 @ 95 with intake exhaust and tuner, and thats with an 06 truck the 03-04s are about .3-.5 tenths quicker and 2-3mph.

That tells me the manual Dodge can't hook up. With all that extra power, it should do better if it can hook, even with a little loss for shifting. That is why he traps so much higher. I think even a manual Dodge could do better with 578RWHP than 13.9 if some changes were made to the set up to hook at the line. I know he talked about missing gears, and of course that will kill a run, but assuming you hit your gears, 578 RWHP and a properly set up suspension should do better than 13.9.

I ran against what the guy said was somewhere around a 600hp Dodge rowing gears and he was running around a 13.80 with no traction problems.

its the 60 ft, boost launching an auto in 4wd is where its at for ET

I'd say it's more than that, the couple stick Dodges I ran that were faster than me I could hear them catching me, every time they shifted it was like they were starting all over at lor rpm low boost then it would pull on me as the rpms' built up, die off again on the next shift. Where as mine pulls constant throughout staying up in the rpms' and boost.

im saying a 600 hp auto vs a ferd 500hp auto, the race would depend on the driver, the reasoning behind this is the ford will hold power consistantly through the powerband and the cummins will not and dont forget the xtra rpms of the 6.0. there is a writeup in diesel power about this. a 400 hp 6.0 at 7200 lbs would be in mid 13's.Ive know that a xtra cab 03 ran a 13.4 with just an intake and ID tune

So what does a 400whp frud run in a 1/4?

I was taking it easy on the hole shot because a few days before I slipped my single disk SBC ConfFE (60-70,000 or so miles on it). Did managed to do it again on my 3rd run of the night grabbing 5th. Any who, with a 2.6 60 foot, I ran a 13.9 at 106.99. When the DoubleDisk is in and I learn to slip 3rd well, I'm sure i'll knock a that down a little and gain a mph or two.

7220# that day as well ( suppose, check my sig)

I know an and auto, of hte same wheel hp will run almost a full second quicker then me But damn, my truck back halfs a track like no other :) 107mph is moving, expecally when I bogged on that faster run o hte night

The thing to remember, a manual truck, with a decent driver, is only going to have trouble for the first 100'. If you start out in 2nd, the problem is finding 3rd. Or the problem is slipping 3rd just right. After that with my experience so far with a 62 turbo, there s no boost lost if you can manage to shift fast enough. I'm sure the equation changed with even a bigger exhaust housing.

You are a pretty good gear rower. :bow:

4wd Ford with a tuner and exhaust which is right around 400 to 430 WHP have run 13.9- 13.7. Depends on cab configuration and year of truck.

So, 400WHP Auto ford and you 578 (Almost) 600WHP manual Dodge are close. Driver's race really.

There are some guys out there that have gotten short throw shift set ups for their manual dodges and can really row the gears that will definitely run good times. My statement was average driver in each; 400WHP ford w/Auto and 600WHP Dodge with manual will be a close race.

Back