Answers/opinions

1. 20/4 Yes
2. 21/3 Yes
3. 18/6 Yes
4. 8/16 No
5. 24/0 Yes
6. 23/1 Yes

And if #4 were changed to allow DOT duals 102" max width, 50" min seperation?

Just leave it as DOT duals no larger than 35" - forget the max width/ min width.

1. 20/4 Yes
2. 21/3 Yes
3. 18/6 Yes
4. 8/16 No
5. 24/0 Yes
6. 23/1 Yes

And if #4 were changed to allow DOT duals 102" max width, 50" min seperation?

On a SRW dana 80, with no brake parts, running stock 17" dually wheels and 33x12.5 STS tires there is 48" of separation. And with 2.5" spacers between the wheels it is a 98" track width. This is with no spacer on the inside of the inner dual wheel.
So 50" separation and and 102" track width is plenty reasonable. My$.02

i say on 3.0 allow a 35" dot tire but allow them to be dressed. i have seen some huge power gas trucks running 35x14.50 or 35x16 boggers that have been sharpened some and the small lug missing.

1. yes
2. yes
3. no
4. no
5. yes
6. yes
Who wants to buy me a box and rear axle that fits for single rear wheel 2.6 class?

i say on 3.0 allow a 35" dot tire but allow them to be dressed. i have seen some huge power gas trucks running 35x14.50 or 35x16 boggers that have been sharpened some and the small lug missing.

Modified DOT 35" single limit, a simple compromise.

This seems to be a very good option for equalizing the Workstock Class.

RP1.jpg

I really don't want my truck to look like ****. Duallies have a different trac width than single rear wheel trucks so now your saying you want to buy me some custom rims so they have the right offset or do you want to buy some axles after I change the rear width. Dan you already have an advantage because your wheelbase is longer I just evened the playing field.

I really don't want my truck to look like ****. Duallies have a different trac width than single rear wheel trucks so now your saying you want to buy me some custom rims so they have the right offset or do you want to buy some axles after I change the rear width. Dan you already have an advantage because your wheelbase is longer I just evened the playing field.

Why do you have to have custom wheels? Did you stop to think that the different track width might be an advantage for you?

Unlike most pullers my truck is used for work every day it now has 30,000 miles on it. So I really don't want to have a different track width when I am driving it on the street.

Unlike most pullers my truck is used for work every day it now has 30,000 miles on it. So I really don't want to have a different track width when I am driving it on the street.

So you dont own an impact to change the wheels with. Most of the people spend countless hours doing dumb s**t to there trucks to make them look good but want to B****h about changing the rear tires to a single "cause it makes it look bad". I use to do it all the time put the singles on and go to the pull and sunday morning i would switch them back if i had to use it the next week. Besides track width difference is only 1-2" per side difference from a SRW and DRW

Besides track width difference is only 1-2" per side difference from a SRW and DRW

Total 3" 1.5" per side. But I'm still a no on 3. Looks more stock as a dually. I would a run 14" deep wheel in back may pull fine but, like to have fans relate to there own truck in the parking lot. Leave option of duals to set up. At least in the lower classes like 2.6.

Last edited:
I don't see many fans relating the power being made in the 2.6" Class to their own truck, that is what the Workstock Class is for.

I don't see many fans relating the power being made in the 2.6" Class to their own truck, that is what the Workstock Class is for.

I know I was being sarcastic!

I can remember when if you didn't have 600HP in a 2.8 truck you should probably leave it on the trailer. The person saying this was saying the top 2.8 class trucks would be in the 700-750 range. Wow have things changed!

I was commenting on this statement.

like to have fans relate to there own truck in the parking lot.

I remember the 2.8" Street Class days, really wasn't that long ago, and the rules haven't advanced nearly as quickly as the power.

Wow...30K miles...would you like a cookie or something?

Nice Poll Weston...looks kinda promising!
Chris

Work Stock
1. 2.5" restrictor plate.
2. Factory dual tires allowed, factory compound turbos allowed.

I have never, to this day, seen a pulling truck run duals outside of the Diesel Classes, this needs to change.

2.6 Diesel - OEM driveline
3. Single 35" DOT tire limit.

3.0 Diesel - Open driveline
4. Single 35" DOT tire limit.
5. Bushings allowed.

Super Street - Open driveline
6. Cut tires allowed.

Simple purpose for this thread, 1-6, answer yes or no, save your debate.

For those interested, the restrictor plate will be clamped in the intake tube before the turbocharger.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No, any DOT tire, dually trucks must run dually bed...
4. No, Same reason as above...
5. Yes
6. Yes

7. Needs a 8K RWYB...

Why would you NOT allow a 3.0 truck to have duals? Regardless if it has a dually bed?

Back