Anyone here involved with UNOH's pulling truck?

ive read through enough that what some people have said pissed me off i agree that we should run better equipment but we can afford to run it we can only work with what we have or can afford to but if people want to donate those parts they advice using i urge them to do so im sure as long as it wouldnt hurt us or our obligation to some companies because they donated parts they would gladly take the help.

So spending money to adapt a crappy 205 instead of getting a 271 is wise to you guys?? Just because it was donated does NOT mean it has to used if it means wastin more money! And who said anything about a drop box. We here are smart enough to realize that is not going to be in the budget...but a decent transfer case is a no brainer...wait...sorry.

Last edited:
ive read through enough that what some people have said pissed me off i agree that we should run better equipment but we can afford to run it we can only work with what we have or can afford to but if people want to donate those parts they advice using i urge them to do so im sure as long as it wouldnt hurt us or our obligation to some companies because they donated parts they would gladly take the help.

i bet you could sell that np205 for a couple bucks and almost have enough to buy a 241dhd, im not trying to be a dick just trying to help. but chances are if your going to be making big power your going to destroy that 205 then it will be worthless. Hell if you were closer i would give you my np203 then you could sell them as a doubler set all the next guy would have to do is buy the kit. That would give you more than enough to get a np271

So you guys don't have the money to build it right the first time, but can afford to build it several times?

to be fair a few years ago I thought the np205 was king of the mountain as well. Ignorance is bliss I guess, but compared to the np203 i was running it was king of the mountain. Is anybody in this class going to be around Lehighton Pa over the holidays? I could maybe donate my np203 then you guys can sell them both and easily have enough money for a np271. this is also a custom np203 with a 2wd/4wd kit instead of always being in awd

Im sure someone from the club will be that way or we can get out that way to get the t-case. Thank you you for the help carbon

Hey guys i think you would have better luck beating your head off a brick wall than trying to talk sense into this group of people. And Mink i knew you were gonna get in on this at some point X2 on that statement son.

Im sure someone from the club will be that way or we can get out that way to get the t-case. Thank you you for the help carbon

no problem, I was doing a school project like this and in a similiar spot. Only I ran it so there was no bickering back and forth. I don't want to sound like a jerk but if I were you I would try to get this thread deleted. Say some big company is willing to sponsor you, they may not be so likely to help if they think its a cluster f*ck. again not trying to offend only help

i bet you could sell that np205 for a couple bucks and almost have enough to buy a 241dhd, im not trying to be a dick just trying to help. but chances are if your going to be making big power your going to destroy that 205 then it will be worthless. Hell if you were closer i would give you my np203 then you could sell them as a doubler set all the next guy would have to do is buy the kit. That would give you more than enough to get a np271

we have some guys from PA. if you would get a hold of us im sure we could figure something ou.t i just want to see the truck make a pass guys and i dont like people bad mouthing the club when i put alot of my time in to the club and the 15K isnt in just the engine and hopefully the HX35 wouldnt be on there much longer just waiting on dynamite diesel to get our turbo done.

we have some guys from PA. if you would get a hold of us im sure we could figure something ou.t i just want to see the truck make a pass guys and i dont like people bad mouthing the club when i put alot of my time in to the club and the 15K isnt in just the engine and hopefully the HX35 wouldnt be on there much longer just waiting on dynamite diesel to get our turbo done.

Yea send me a PM ill get you my number and see, this t-case should be worth a couple bucks. just don't try to put it behind a diesel :hehe:

im not saying anything is 100% the truck has been sitting for 4 years or more but that shouldn't effect the t-case its sealed up tight since it was just rebuilt before parking it.

Last edited:
Hey guys i think you would have better luck beating your head off a brick wall than trying to talk sense into this group of people. And Mink i knew you were gonna get in on this at some point X2 on that statement son.

LOL *bdh*

Yea send me a PM ill get you my number and see, this t-case should be worth a couple bucks. just don't try to put it behind a diesel :hehe:

im not saying anything is 100% the truck has been sitting for 4 years or more but that shouldn't effect the t-case its sealed up tight since it was just rebuilt before parking it.

i will do as soon as i can send pm's that got this thing where you have to have ten posts to send pm's

i dont remember anyone telling you that 26 is what were going to run you were told that if you wanted to bring in the timing gear that was adjustable to do it just that we werent spending the money to buy one cause we have more important things to buy.

guys i want to see that truck make a pass just as bad as anyone of you guys but you have to play the politics just as much as anything else the school but little to no money in to the clubs unless it interests them and they dont feel there is a marketing ploy for them to pull with the diesel performance market. i hate having to pull the engine for mag. shoots to but its free parts over 15,000 dollars in parts just from the mag shoots im not going to complain. now if we werent getting anything for doing all this then yeah i would complain cause i love to watch pulls and i know that the truck isnt where it should be but we can only do with what we have not what we dont yes a drop box would be awesome if we had the 10 or 15K to get one it would be great to have 5.13 gears, hell it would be nice to have any number of parts that would make the truck a top contender in pulls but we just dont have the funding. the instructors do what they can with what they are givin if they turn **** down its because it would cost the club more money to make that change then it would help us in making a competing truck. ill be happy to see this truck go down the track and make her first pass but as far as you guy hurting the club by telling people $hit that isnt what is really going on or some of you just being pissed because your not in the club anymore and we wouldnt let you in the door if you wanted back need to stop as far as those of you in the club if you dont likehow things have to be done dont come to the meeting nobdy told you when you came to the school that to stay in the school you had to stay in the diesel club you want to be in something thats better funded join the race teams or the rat rod club if their that greatly funded. hell dont be in a club at all if you dont like the way things are its your chocie to be there nobody elses

So are you saying that for doing the magazine shoots you will get this much money? You could swap everything over and build a good 2.6 truck with that kinda of money. If im not understanding this right please set me straight.

So are you saying that for doing the magazine shoots you will get this much money? You could swap everything over and build a good 2.6 truck with that kinda of money. If im not understanding this right please set me straight.

the guy doing the shoot is getting these parts for us we can only work with what they are willing to send us and so far its been go big or go home the truck would make a great 2.6 or 2.8 truck but the stuff were getting and the way things have been taken so far is for a 3.0 truck so thats what we are building if the school would back us more we wouldn't be in the situation we're in. but we we can only do so much and so far nobody in the club knows how to play the politics game

I think what he is saying is parts are being donated worth 15 g's not cash.

the guy doing the shoot is getting these parts for us we can only work with what they are willing to send us and so far its been go big or go home the truck would make a great 2.6 or 2.8 truck but the stuff were getting and the way things have been taken so far is for a 3.0 truck so thats what we are building if the school would back us more we wouldn't be in the situation we're in. but we we can only do so much and so far nobody in the club knows how to play the politics game

Hey man do i know you or did you come into the club after i graduated?

Hey man do i know you or did you come into the club after i graduated?

im pretty sure it was after you graduated i know you and downing or roth talked on the way back from Missouri but thats all i know you from im pretty sure when did you graduate

I would have to think when all of this got started it would have been obvious that the club would not have the school's support. So if this was known who's idea was it to go straight to a 3.0 truck? I mean obviously a WS truck would of been more ideal, but there again I don't know the whole story. All I can say after reading all of this is to many irons in the fire, to many ppl who think they know whats going on, and no one can agree on anything. It also seems that this truck is more show than go, I've never seen it and prob never will on a pulling track. If your planning on test hooking next season I sure hope you find some money or parts to get the power up, because mid 400 hp wont even compete in a WS class. $.02.

Last edited:
I would have to think when all of this got started it would have been obvious that the club would not have the school's support. So if this was known who's idea was it to go straight to a 3.0 truck? I mean obviously a WS truck would of been more ideal, but there again I don't know the whole story. All I can say after reading all of this is to many irons in the fire, to many ppl who think they know whats going on, and no one can agree on anything. It also seems that this truck is more show than go, I've never seen it and prob never will on a pulling track. If your planning on test hooking next season I sure hope you find some money or parts to get the power up, because mid 400 hp wont even compete in a WS class. $.02.

the guy in charge at the time the truck was started was the hightechredneck guy i dont know if it was his idea or if thats just what got voted on. i wasnt there so i dont know im just trying to do whatever i can to help get it going down the track and have it make its first hook

Back