ats tranny

CUMMINS FIRE

Yall are a bunch of jerks
A lot of guys said the ats tranny can't handle what the suncoasts one can, I know I don't have much power but so far its held up. Any others have good/bad luck?

I used to run a shop that only installed ATS transmissions.
We used to have bets on wether they'd work or not right outta the crate.
It was about 50/50 over the course of a year.

Last edited:
I used to run a shop that only installed ATS transmissions.
We used to have bets on wether they'd work or not right outta the crate.
It was about 50/50 over the course of a year.

Those are terrible odds.... did they warranty them?

Of course...we were a fairly large customer of theirs. Doesn't erase the fact that they didn't work 1/2 the time with zero miles on them.
I'm no longer at that shop but they also no longer sell ATS transmissions

I do like their converters though...running a 5 Star right now.

I liken ATS to Banks...people that only read magazines spend money with them.
People that know better know their are other builders out there. Garmon, Goerend, etc

I have seen plenty of ATS's hold up just fine. I have seen problems with just about everybody's transmissions. Even the great Jeff Garmon was not with out his occasional issue. I do recall a recent thread with a lot of finger pointing at some very reputable people. Then take into account that ATS out sells any 2 other builders combined.

I have seen plenty of ATS's hold up just fine. I have seen problems with just about everybody's transmissions. Even the great Jeff Garmon was not with out his occasional issue. I do recall a recent thread with a lot of finger pointing at some very reputable people. Then take into account that ATS out sells any 2 other builders combined.

They also have a lot of R&D costs....
They out sell because of advertising. R&D? Hahahahaha yea they spend tons of money copying other peoples designs and trying to cost reduce them. I'm in their back yard and I see people fall into their advertising trap everyday. NOT ONCE have I met a happy ATS customer in Colorado. It's your call but you asked for opinions and heard 1 person on ATS's side. Put 2 and 2 together.

How was the co-pilot someone else's design?

The copilot could possibly be their design. Never had one apart next to a reputable shops trans controller. But even if it is their own design, cool! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

What about their stand alone trans controller?
Oh wait...that's a rebadged PCS.

If you like your ATS trans then that's all that matters.
Just be ready for a fight if you need warranty work down the road...Clint is notorious for denying warranty coverage for a wide range of reasons.

I actually had a warranty experience with them. The transmission controller wasn't getting along with the tcm and it fried the clutches, a new transmission, tcm, and transmission control module was sent immediately

Back