ats tranny

I don't get why you'd spend extra on a trans with known failure rates, instead of going with any number of other companies with almost no failure rate. I just don't see how ATS is even an option.

Runninlean: I'm sure being a premier dealer has a lot to do with your good service. But hey, if you can make it happen, then run with it as long as you can.

Its easy to talk about your great warranty but its not so easy to honor it, which is most of the ATS complaints I see/hear about.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well being one of only two preferred warranty dealers in the state of Texas wouldn't you think we would see all these denials of warranty claims? :doh:

Yeah there is the occasional customer who comes in with a stage 2 trans and a broken intermediate shaft or output shaft talking about how his tranny broke at the track. Can you name any tranny builder who covers broken stock shafts? Water in the fluid? The list goes on.

I guess its easier to say no warranty on performance products and then people have nothing to ***** about....

It matters not to me really I make no money off of them just sharing what I have personally seen and the dealing I have had with them.

No ATS here. They screwed a friend of mine. I ordered some DTT parts and rebuilt Jeremy's trans. He had had zero issues. I prefer DTT, GB, JG or HTS trans.

They covered me at a non preferred shop, and covered shop hours and new fluid. Could they have changed?

I'd love to see a ATS tranny in your drag truck

That almost happened but as a backup. I have been discussing the select shift VB and controller though. The damn 3-4 flare on stock controls is a real pain to deal with...

jake i can think of a tranny builder in texas that has warrantied alot of stuff that ats would have said no way

OH DO NOT get confused here! I have a tranny builder whom I will not part with. I have said it before and will say it again Chris is the only guy who builds my transmissions. Like stated had I put a ATS in it was only because he couldn't have taken care of mine in time. He also has taken great care of me and anyone that I have sent his way. Chris would have to either run me off or close shop for me to stop using him.

I am only speaking of what I have seen out of ATS with my own eyes and dealing with customers trucks.

jake i can think of a tranny builder in texas that has warrantied alot of stuff that ats would have said no way

True enough but same said builder would not warranty that same stuff for Joe blow either and its not something he claims to be under warranty. He has amazed me at times at what he has done for me. :bow:

Scott I agree.

That being said I also have seen ATS warranty a cracked housing on a 2 1/2 year old transmission with 38,000 miles on it. That blew my mind. Me personally I would have told them to get bent.

I am in no way saying they are the best or better than anyone else. Can they improve some things? Very much so. Again I am simply stating what I have seen from them personally. Not what I read on the internet or hear about my friends, cousins, friends, sister's, brother said happened to his dad.

I have had plenty of bad CS and warranty / quality issues from vendors. ATS has not been bad to deal with in my experience compared to some other big names and smaller named vendors who are very popular on the forums.

Last edited:
Lol it's so funny to watch everyone run to the closet and dig out their Pom poms

I dealt with Chris at ats and he called me the other day to check in on the tranny, they seem to have a level of concern to make sure the customer is happy..

People have opinions, that's life. But why do some of you have ats parts that work, but don't like ats?

Lol it's so funny to watch everyone run to the closet and dig out their Pom poms

I agree it is funny. But it equally funny to watch some people who like to trash a company because they heard they sucked. I have no dog in the hunt when it comes to ATS other than I do not see the same issues with them that so many claim to have. Like I can respect Richards view and his experience with them but some people need to not believe everything they hear.

I have no idea how Relentless got brought into this or why but I won't lie I do tend to get my pom pom's on when it comes to them but on the other side of the coin I am not going to claim others suck because my builder rocks..

I believe we have some common complaints a a few vendors that people like to cheer for now don't we. :lolly:

Back