BBi 4's on the Dyno

BrianAtSmarty Status: Here
Green Behind the Ears

Send Message
User Lists

Last Activity: Today 08:57 PM
Current Activity: Searching Forums

Hmmm...
Wonder why no answers after posting claims that would even make Wade stick his chest out like Dolly Parton since the OP is here now?

must have stopped in to write down questions, now he is off to find someone who might have a clue to answer them. Prolly has wade on speed dial.

Didn't mean to leave you guys hanging, but wanted to insure I answered your questions correctly. Boss has been out of town, but I've now got more info to share. Truck is a 2005, with factory block & crank. After market rods & pistons. Dual lifts pumps (large) & dual 85% over cp3s. I will get more info out about it as soon as I am able, real shortly.

Sounds like an interrogation. If you don't believe the claim, or don't like Mad's- it doesn't matter how much proof someone gives you, your not going to believe it anyway.

Interrogation? that graph doesn't look off to you? torque is awful low for all that hp no? just trying to get more info out of the situation, as an achievement of this magnitude should be a pretty extensive source of how it was done, but it was just tossed out like some braggin kid would do that knows nothing. I can not imagine for the life of me that the shop had no idea the truck was going to perform at a greater than 1000 hp run, and wasn't set to video tape the run. I have seen trucks in person dyno over 1200 hp, and can know what such a run looks/ sounds like. Most video runs include a walk over to the dyno graph on the monitor...... Ok we got an answer on dual lift pumps, but still no answer on settings on the dyno..... just a lot of un answered questions, do they owe us answers, no, but then why post at all if you don't want to put your chest out and talk about it.

I'm loving the graph Rip. Torque is kept down and a nice steady rise in hp as rpm goes up. Something like that should hold together. Alot of people won't like not having the hard torque spike down at 2200 or so rpm, but Marco could probably add a dumb ass setting to keep them and their transmission guy happy.

I'm loving the graph Rip. Torque is kept down and a nice steady rise in hp as rpm goes up. Something like that should hold together. Alot of people won't like not having the hard torque spike down at 2200 or so rpm, but Marco could probably add a dumb ass setting to keep them and their transmission guy happy.

I agree, much less broken parts with a curve that looks like that.

Thats what a graph should look like! Good Job Marco! I agree with Ron and Brett keeping that TQ down is a must if you want it to live.

Last edited:
Yep...lower tq because look where the hp peaked! 500 to 1000 rpmms higher than most Common Rails.

Looks like Smarty has no problem fueling up high either...proof to the haters.

BTW, I've never seen a video of Marco dynoing a truck, pics of his shop, etc. But, I've heard it's a nice setup and he's done 1000's of runs on it. They also said he makes everyone sit in the truck- no one outside watching, I guess in case parts fly.

Does the mustang hold a load against it the whole time like you can do with the superflow?

Rip and Marco. GREAT job fellas. this is what we wanted to do to erics truck when the crank let go. anyone that thinks Rip is throwing around false dyno sheets must not them them. GREAT people and they know what they are doing. i still have pics of the sushi night Rip and Marco, aka Killer whale lol.

Our mustang dyno hold.the load through entire run. All runs were done using a script

Great job guys. It's always fun being around when Rip and Marco are working on trucks.

Paul

Back