Best shop to build Race CR Engine

I am looking to make around 1000 to 1200hp so am trying to find out what all internally parts i need to make that, i already have the turbos and fueling to make that just need to build the bottom end and head how.

Have you thought about going to a 6.7? If your going to go all new anyway, might as well get the latest and greatest.

op asked for shops and prices. people arnt gonna hold back cuz their name aint blue.

quit bustin bawlz tmoney! lol

Unfortunetly they need too, or the vendors that report the post need to just say it's ok if people take their buisness without paying as a vendor.

Why no 6.7? You can light some pretty big turbosssssss. :D

true, i personally like the added bore and stroke for that purpose and the added TQ, but i dont like the limited RPM thats associated with the extra stroke.

In the grand sceme, that added stroke will limit Elevated RPM and HP levels IMO

I am sticking with the stock block 5.9 2005 engine. from all the research i have done i think it should be pretty easy and straight forward to get 1000 hp out of it. I am not trying to beat any records just want it to run 10's

I am sticking with the stock block 5.9 2005 engine. from all the research i have done i think it should be pretty easy and straight forward to get 1000 hp out of it. I am not trying to beat any records just want it to run 10's

I would reccomend having everything cryo'd.

1000hp can be made with a stock short block. though it is better to go through it and "fine tune it"

Wide Open Performance seems to be more Fords from there website.

While we are known as a 'Ford' shop, we have a vast knowledge base that includes the Common Rail Cummins. As these guys have mentioned, we've been lucky enough to be able to build some pretty impressive Cummins powered vehicles, with the latest being our Triple Turbo system on both daily driven and race only vehicles.

To the OP, if there is anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to call or email. We're located in the Salt Lake valley and shipping motors is not a problem at all...

Jacob
Wide Open Performance
801-233-1111

Fleece

They build 800hp single charger farm trucks talk to chase you wont meet anyone nicer shipping is cheaper then living with a headache. i know of a few 2.6 cummins that the have making 900 plus.

how pricey are they though for a built motor, i mean i know its not going to be cheap but i have talked to a few shops already and the prices they are throwing out there are crazy, some are saying 15 to 20 thousand which is WAY more than i am willing to spend on a bottom end and head of motor only.

I'm at 9k on my rebuild, and I did everything myself minus machine work obviously. And that doesn't even include pumps, turbos or injectors. I still have to run stock stuff there til I get more money. It ain't cheap.

I've been to Industrial numerous times, and have a buddy that got his engine built by them, and has never had any issues. They always seemed more than willing to shoot the breeze with me while I asked questions.

I've been to Wide Open Performance, talked to Jacob a bit, and Zane took me in back and showed me around the shop. I find it hard to believe you'd get much better quality in a build than what you would get from WOP. Just looking at their fab work speaks volumes; they are anal about what comes out of that shop. You're not going to see anything cobbled together from them. It may be a little pricier, but sometimes pricier is a good thing.

I've also heard real good things about Browns, know another guy that got his built there, and he's never had a problem either. Seems real happy with the work he got done there.

Back