Compressor surge problems.....

Badfummins

Banned
Ok specs on motor be for I give the problem 12v cummins colt stage2 cam Hamiltion valve springs,pushrods,12mm pump with quick rate cam,5x018 injectors and built auto.

now has a single s480 with a 1.10 T4 and 96mm turbine wheel

Now problem is I get compressor surge at 25-30psi of boost and boost gauge flutters. I haven't tried to push through it or to fuel it harder not known why it is doin it. I had a billet s475 with 87mm turbine on it prior didn't have a problem with that made 65lbs of boost.

Thank you.

Not In it rate now. But I'm only spinning 3k rpms a lil low to haves drive pressure problem with the size of the turbine wheel. Unless I ain't spinning it hard enough

That's why I asked. See what your dp is when the turbo is surging, maybe your not driving it hard enough.

I would think that's a pretty tight housing for that wheel, may be part of the issue??

Last edited:
There is no BW 1.15AR, housing is too small for that turbine wheel.

i-have-a-shark-i-cant-hear-you-over-how-amesome-i-am-demotivational-poster-1284940093.jpg

You mean the RPM where the turbine starts to choke because the housing is too small?

Because I'm on a t4 setup and not going to a t6 setup and welding another gen3 flange on it for my down pipe.

I need 900rwhp on spray with the weight of my truck to go 10s or real low 11s mathematically speaking that's all I want. So I may just go get a s467 or 71 and be fun on the street gate it and spray it.

Back