Compressor surge problems.....

Every seen boost/drive numbers from that setup?

~1:1 until a smidge above 50psi on a 3.0 turbo

It's a tight housing but not that tight. I can't remember the last time I've seen a housing back up at 30 psi. Maybe I need to do some data logging on a HE351

this here is classic Eric (OP), he is going to ask for advice, then he will argue with that advice, then he will quote knowledge from totally bull**** sources like "my turbo guy" and then he will put together a setup, that is the bee's knees.... and weeks later he will complain about it being not enough, and blame it on others for why it does not work.

how many turbos have you been through with this cummins Eric? list them out... lets see how many of them could have easily supported your goal of 700-900 hp. like the "small charger" in your sig.

If you came to CompD to try and impress people with that hacked POS then you are quite mistaken.

Um ii66,billet s475 that snapped a shaft now this charger. Doesn't sound like a lot to me. Coming from a guy who thinks a s467 isn't enough air to make 700rwhp and wants to trade up to a billet s475. It's funny how your build follows mine. But yet I ask for advise and you come on here running your mouth. Maybe you need to take a back seat and if you have no info to give don't come troll in here like a hard ass. But yet ppl like to keep throwing there $.02 every where. You kids call my truck a hack but yet never seen it or been in it. Explain how it's a hack you can't. Everyone switches parts around either upgrading or figuring out what works best for there setup. You won't see me on other ppls post bashing there **** or talking **** You wanna know why because I got more respect then you arrogant kids do.

1228712405170.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

ummm, but yet you started off with a he351 if you can recall and I believe there was a super duper clipped wheel 2.6 turbo thing that you had for pulling before the 475. Alex wants a 475 because he has enough fuel to warrant running one, and you are the one saying you need to spray a charger that will make enough air for over 1000hp and only shooting for 900. and im not too sure if you passed math class because a 5800lb truck should break into the 10s around 800hp maybe even less if you know how to drive. As for bashing peoples posts, you have had setups that were proven by many to have more power than what you made and you make stupid decisions once you have it, have you thought to yourself once that maybe we aren't bashing you but telling you that you are doing it wrong? you ask for advice and don't take any of it. why bother asking if you are just going to do stupid anyways kid?

The clipped wheel charger and s475 is same charger I had a 2.6 and 3.0 wheel. I don't need to explain any more to you or hale. Neither have any info to put into this subject.

This maybe a stupid question but how much air can you squeeze through a stock 12v head in horse power? I have seen just over 700hp whats the highest you have seen?

How tight?

Technically A/R stays the same since the distance from the volute to center of the turbine stays the same. Let's say you magically expanded the scroll region outward that would normally be machined away, and maintained it's factory thickness, A/R would be around .96.

Anywho I don't know the guy or his history, just giving my input. Best of luck with the smaller compressor, let us know how it does.

Technically A/R stays the same since the distance from the volute to center of the turbine stays the same. Let's say you magically expanded the scroll region outward that would normally be machined away, and maintained it's factory thickness, A/R would be around .96.

You never answered my question. The facts of how the setup works in the real World does not jive with 0.96AR.

As mentioned earlier. Too muc air down low. I Have a 72mm that does it around 15psi and 2000rpm. Eiy het slow the comp wheel down or change it out for a lower flowing wheel.

All better new 6 blade billet 76 wheel is in along with the auto and me building the new manual valve body and hit 60psi of boost. 2-3shift converter locked at 30psi. Is a neck snapper. I forgot what it's like to have a built auto.

Back