coolant bypass

not enoughsmoke

floatin in tha gulf
is anyone running a coolant bypass or water pressure relief kit maybe a homemade kit i am just like to see ur kit and does it help any

I have one of Opies kits on mine. The truck does run slightly cooler and I havent blown an HG. Dont know how else to tell if it helps or not?

i am looking to get one how hard are opies kits to install?

From everything that I have read, his kit is extremely easy to install. I am going to be running one of his kits by spring on my truck

Kevin

As far as a bypass kit goes it is way easy to install. The only trouble I had was gettin the wrenches on the back fitting just cause the wrenches were so long. If you dont have twins it would be a cake walk.

It is kinda pricey compared to the others, but if for no other reason the ease of install is worth every penny! And if you look at how it is designed and where it is plumbed in I really think it is the best kit on the market. Im not just sayin that cause I have one on my truck. I have one on my truck cause I think it is the best. JMO

I thought so too until he explained what the valve he uses does and how well it does it. It's the most expensive part of his kit. You get what you pay for so Opie's kit will benefit in several ways in the long run.

I thought so too until he explained what the valve he uses does and how well it does it. It's the most expensive part of his kit. You get what you pay for so Opie's kit will benefit in several ways in the long run.

Xs 2

The kit is very simple, and you could make 90% of it yourself, but that other 10% you cant make is the most important part, the valve istelf.

The other kits out there are good too, but given Opies track record, the simplicity of install, and how it all works together, its worth every penny IMO.

EEP has a kit two that I looked at, and so does Lazersmith (I think that is the name of the business I am thinking of).

Opie's Kit ,eep And Lazersmiths Kits Are All The Same Just A Pressure Relief Its Not Hard To Find The Parts A Pressure Relief Sells For $25, Push Locks Fittings Are $3, A Piece And Hose Is Not That Expensive And Even The Plate In The Back Freeze Plug Is About $40 So I Cant See Spendin $500

Has Anyone Plumbed Them Into A Ppe Dual Fueler Kit In The Stainless Arch Is What I Am Lookin For Some Pics

not enoughsmoke, I am not trying to argue with you, but the EEP, Opies, And Lazarsmiths kits are all quite differant. The end results may be similar, but to me thats where the similarities stop, imo.

And not to split hairs but Opies kit is $450.

Not sure how other kits work (never seen one), but our BOE kit (LazarSmith) relieves excessive coolant pressure from the exhaust side of the head's water jacket by cylinders #5 & #6... 1st stage purges to the suction side of the pump and the 2nd stage dumps to the overflow tank where a liquid level sensor is located for driver notification. Both stages are adjustable with the engine running and all parts are 304SS, aluminum, brass or nickel... the system shut-off also functions as a heater core bypass just like semis have and adds a couple quarts of coolant capacity.

I set the 1st stage on my trucks for 50psi - besides protecting the freeze plugs, it reduces water pump drive HP by ~30%
The prototype I designed years ago is still working great on my '05.

BOE.jpg

IMO, block off plates and such are band-aids... I prefer to cure the problem rather than treat the symptom.

Got a kit for 12v's XLR8R? Or at least able to buy the valving? I already run a block off plate at the back of the block, with a line running from there, through my heater core and tranny heat exchanger, and back into the factory "dump" down at the lower hose...the truck runs too cold, heat isn't worth a crap, etc. I was thinking something like this would help.

BTW, sorry for the hijack,
Chris

Does That Boe Kit Help To Keep From Blowin Head Gasket And What All Do U Have Done To Ur Truck As Far As Needing This Kit I Have Twin Turbos And Twin Pumps And Lots More And Its Gonna Be A Sled Puller And Daily Driver

Opie, how soon? I have to get the twins out of the way, but I do want to buy your kit too.. and how much is it going up?

Kevin

Back