data logger question

Racepaq Iq3 dash endless amount of options... With out ours we couldnt see half of the problems before they happen.

^ that's the one I was talking about earlier. Too cool the things it can log! Kinda spendy though compared to others that have been listed and capable of almost all the same logging.

C-ya

i talked to randy with RPM, but he said that he did not have a dash screen.
so far i am leaning to the computech system logger, but the price is a bit scarry i think. i am still waiting to hear from joe servo so i can get some info from him.

Suscribed,

I have an older model Corsa that isn't suported anymore and will need to upgrade this winter.

BBD

Just got off the phone with Joe servo. Kinda cool to have someone call you at 8PM with answers! It sounds like his prices are a lot easier to swallow. Very cool guy and I can't wait to see what he has.

for someone starting totally fresh with a new build, 5.9 and no wiring, guages or anything yet and wanting to jump into a Data system which is going to be the better way to go. I like the racepac or corsa dash as it would save having all the aux guages.

Just curious which is the better way to go on a new build?

RyanB

I am subscribing to this too. I need to set something up in my truck too

i looked at several of them. if you are wanting one with a screen i would say the Computech System is the best. i talked to Joe Servo though, and his price was a lot better, but he doesnt have a screen.

Computechracing.com

The sad part is what are you going to look at on the screen? Put a Tach on the dash, a few warning lights and go.

I have the servo unit and it has some really handy features. After every run I glance and use the screen for the min max of each channel.

who really looks at gauges? tach maybe. the $700 for a dash display could buy a lot of gauges.

That is totally true Joe. Can you get me some info on your product? I pretty much only have time to watch boost (at the tree)

Thanks

The sad part is what are you going to look at on the screen? Put a Tach on the dash, a few warning lights and go.

I have the servo unit and it has some really handy features. After every run I glance and use the screen for the min max of each channel.

Makes sense, now that I think of it. Alot of the gasser guys up here are running just a tach and an oil pressure guage! Would certainly make things alot more simple inside the cab!

I run an EGT, boost, and a tranny temp. They are plastered right on the dash. Since I run the logger I don't even look at anything but the tach and boost while I am spooling. Then I just focus on the tach going down the track. After the run look at the min/max of the run, make possible fueling adjustments.

My neighbor sells racepak. For the IQ3 logger dash, 2 egts probes, tach, fuel, boost, coolant, oil pressure was going to be $2400. But the dash also gives you gps footage, mph and something else i dont remember. Plus you can hook a video camera too it and sync the footage to the logged run so like with thier 3 engine turbin tractor, they were having problems dropping the third motor. In the video you could see the motor give up at like 18 seconds. Scroll to the logger graph and at 18 sec. the fuel pressure dropped so they can help diag problems too. They also include like 4 warning lights, and shift lights. The logger dash itself is $1200 The sensors will kill you. LOL

Back