data logger question

okay, as far as our trucks are concerned...what is a typical system for say a 3.0 truck consisting of? I think you would also want sensors in the drive train so you can sense any slippage.

Ryan

I have 6 EGT
2 pressure(boost/drive)
Engine RPM, and Transfercase output speed(MPH)
I will probably put a low pressure switch on fuel pressure, and maybe oil pressure.
I would like to get a GPS hook up also.

okay, as far as our trucks are concerned...what is a typical system for say a 3.0 truck consisting of? I think you would also want sensors in the drive train so you can sense any slippage.

Ryan

That $2400 i quoted also included a backpressure sensor. The slippage sensors (rpm) are like $220 apiece. Its a little complicated to explain on here but if you had three rpm sensors, one for the motor, one for the drive shaft and one for a wheel speed plus the allready installed gps mph you could see your slippage losses between all points.

many of these do ecu data logging?

looks like the computech has the canbus.

I'd vote for PLX + their ScanXL software for ECU monitoring for Ford and GM based on their website data. For Chrysler they are currently building the enhanced data sets.

With the GM/Ford one they allow you to data log EVERYTHING the manufacture can record with their tools and other expensive scan tools. $150 for the wifi PLX device, $100 for their laptop software.

Right now my PLX device is neat, but useless. I can monitor load and throttle position and rpm and wheel speed, gps and accelerometer data (from the iphone). And a few other useless things. I'm waiting for the rail, commanded rail, timing and pulse width, and hopefully FCA duty cycle. This data should be available via the ScanXL. As for the iPhone apps, I'll be sending an email to request these PIDs

just bumping this back to the top...since the last time I posted on this thread things have changed quite a bit.

As most now, my brother and I are building a new tube frame truck to play with the gassers up here in Ontario. Basically a 3.0" single tube frame truck running cepeks. Anyway, starting fresh, not wanting to have a bunch of guages (maybe tach, oil pressure and boost)...what is going to be the best system to go with. I have yet to call any of the above companys but would like to hear from the guys that are running there systems (you guys) which is better for our application?

Thanks in advance...Ryan

if I had to do it again, I'd do the Isspro route with their data logger setup and run the two or three gauges you want while logged a bunch extra

just bumping this back to the top...since the last time I posted on this thread things have changed quite a bit.

As most now, my brother and I are building a new tube frame truck to play with the gassers up here in Ontario. Basically a 3.0" single tube frame truck running cepeks. Anyway, starting fresh, not wanting to have a bunch of guages (maybe tach, oil pressure and boost)...what is going to be the best system to go with. I have yet to call any of the above companys but would like to hear from the guys that are running there systems (you guys) which is better for our application?

Thanks in advance...Ryan

If that's all your looking at perhaps the Intelli dash.

BBD

Thanks in advance...Ryan

Joe Servo makes one, I like it, use off the shelf sensors, pretty simple software and can get one heck of a system for under $1500.

Joe Servo makes one, I like it, use off the shelf sensors, pretty simple software and can get one heck of a system for under $1500.

ya, and his tech support is the BEST!!!! It's like buying a name brand item off the sale rack. Wouldn't buy anything else. PM me if u need his info.

I tried contacting servojoe. I emailed him to contact me and all I got was a short note and nothing. No call nada.

Back