De-Badged

bull dog adhesion promoter is really good stuff and I use it every single time I do any painting on plastic. Never had any chipping issues. also be sure you have absolutely no armerall type products can be on the substrate. That ol truck is really clean. I love naked trucks.

Looks good man...I hate badges on trucks! I want to rip mine off of my '05, just haven't gotten around to it yet!

yeah but i've seen some debadged ones that left that nasty residue behind and people never care to get that crap off
i'd rather see the badges sometimes than to see where they once were bc dont make a difference ni the long haul.
my cuz took his off his bright red 97 dodge and wehre the paint was had faded so much you could still see the 1500 it was hilarious

That truck looks really clean without the badges. Only thing to make it look even better is replace those chrome mirrors with a set of the flip up towing mirrors.

Scott

That truck looks really clean without the badges. Only thing to make it look even better is replace those chrome mirrors with a set of the flip up towing mirrors.

Scott

Definitely get the flip out mirrors. That would for sure top it off!

trucks look good ya'll! I deffinately want to do mine, what is the correct procedure to do it?

I just pulled my molding off, and used some adhesive remover to take off the residue. Still have my 2500 badges on there. I keep debating taking them off.

my bed sides had some body work done to them in the past. When I went to remove the trim from the bedsides, it took a ton of paint and primer with it. Found out that the shop that did the work didn't leave any area for moister to drain and just trapped it behind the trim. Had to re-shoot the whole bedside :bang

anybody have any problem with paint coming off when taking the badges off the side? im also debating taking mine off, just dont want any paint to come off

I did mine on my first Cummins. I had heck with it. It took me about a month to get the residue all the way off, even then, I had to work it so hard that there was paint missing. I think it's kind of a hit and miss thing, cuz I have done it to some friends trucks and they come off very easily with a rag, Goo-Gone and a little elbow grease. Mine was ridiculous though. I had to get a Wagner heat gun, Goo-Gone and a flat head screw driver to get it off and it still took forever.

i love the club naked its the only way to go i've been that way on all my trucks!!

this is the only emblem you need and it just happens to fit in the grill

Attachments

• l_1583ce55b437a42f3bf733236554e440.jpg
    l_1583ce55b437a42f3bf733236554e440.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 108
  • l_5fb559fe8d08fec46524e6b71a595030.jpg
    l_5fb559fe8d08fec46524e6b71a595030.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
:woohoo:

downsized_10170809161.jpg

Back