Deckplate 6.7L Build

It's welded to the top plate of the ubolt mount.
683b6ce90601c3c594d3564e75052319.jpg

How does the leaf float on the perch? Or are you talking about like a bird cage on a modified? I've heard of having a shackle in the front and rear of the spring so nothing binds.

As Lyn described it to me, the leaf is 'floating' on the spring perch. It seems to work well.

I can see that it's clearly bolted up front. If it was on a shackle on the rear and slid on the front mount, then this would work just fine binding wise.

Not saying it doesn't work awesome because it seems to in this case, just saying that the leaf will have to twist in order to have this articulate.

I can see that it's clearly bolted up front. If it was on a shackle on the rear and slid on the front mount, then this would work just fine binding wise.

Not saying it doesn't work awesome because it seems to in this case, just saying that the leaf will have to twist in order to have this articulate.

What if, where the leaf passes through the u bolts, there is a box that the leaves pass through to keep them from being clamped by the u bolts. Then some grease to let it slide a bit and no bind. Idk if that's how it's achieved, but that's basically how I understand it.

It's not rocket science, they probably do bind a little but enough leaves have been removed and the bars are close enough to horizontal that it doesn't really affect the ride.

What if, where the leaf passes through the u bolts, there is a box that the leaves pass through to keep them from being clamped by the u bolts. Then some grease to let it slide a bit and no bind. Idk if that's how it's achieved, but that's basically how I understand it.

That could definitely work. You could use the plastic spacers that are used between leafs. You'd have to keep it tight so you wouldn't get any lateral movement though since you'd be taking away a lot of the support from the leafs in that direction.

It's not rocket science, they probably do bind a little but enough leaves have been removed and the bars are close enough to horizontal that it doesn't really affect the ride.

Yeah, I think we all understand that. Just kind of thread jacking at this point ;-)
It's an interesting setup though.

Kind of curious about sealing up the steam holes. I guess they're kind of trapped in they're own little cavity sealed by the head gasket and the fire rings?

Usually when machining flats on sleeves, I just cut one flat on number 1 & 6. :)

I noticed that as well. Any more info on this? Seems like it'd cause binding in the leaf, but I'm still really curious to hear more.

I wondered the same myself. But, maybe since it's a street/strip truck, there's not much binding going on to even be concerned about. And towing, with the airbags I see, they probably keep the rear sitting right where it's at as well as the geometry of the bars. Just thinking out loud. I'm sure something I said was incorrect.

Back