Deckplate 6.7L Build

This turned out awesome!

7945c22ef131b520f923d45e64ddb5b2.jpg
7d0621f987fe2216f3d3bea7ab055397.jpg

Last edited:
Me thinks it needs a few shake down passes at the local track. I'll suggest Kil-Kare only because test and tune is in 2 hours and I'll be there tonight too. :poke: :Cheer:

I've made 32 pulls on the dyno with last year's turbo setup, here's a sheet of the pulls from 1800-2200us tunes I tried. We decided to keep the small turbos on for DPC 2015 because of there astounding street manners and there doing high 1300s on fuel, so we went bigger on the exhaust housing and added a steedspeed with two external gates to control drive pressure if we turn the fuel up since we were seeing 105psi drive and around 85-90 boost at 2200us. That will also allow us to spray it if needed. After Denver, we'll explore bigger air, but this is plenty of HP to try to keep together for the DPC abuse.

5c5559f55b4801a777386e69c8d6fc76.jpg

Last edited:
Is there anything different done to the manifold charger like a clipped turbine? Or is it an out of the box charger with a billet wheel?

From what I've seen its a s366 with a billet wheel over an s484 from ED

Yes Chris at Engineered did the turbo work we're playing with 1.0-1.22 housings, at the moment were on a 1.10 with the external gates dumping to atmosphere

To my knowledge, this head outflows all the sidedrafts on the market. Drew would have a better explanation as to why he prefers top entry vs side draft.

The top entry intake has better air distribution than most of the side entry intakes, from what I have seen. Also Is cheaper for the customer because most guys have a aftermarket or stock intake to bolt on it. We have yet to find the end of a intake like this, and have seen several engines with melted pistons from some of the side draft intakes. Some have been proven to work and some we have seen trouble with. I am not into bashing other products so will leave it at that.

Hard to imagine feeding the front of the manifold at a right angle out flowing a side draft. Distribution is challenging either way. Both times I punched out cylinders they were nearest the side draft. Pretty envious of the 12v individual runner intakes.

That there is twice the engine for the power!

The top entry intake has better air distribution than most of the side entry intakes, from what I have seen. Also Is cheaper for the customer because most guys have a aftermarket or stock intake to bolt on it. We have yet to find the end of a intake like this, and have seen several engines with melted pistons from some of the side draft intakes. Some have been proven to work and some we have seen trouble with. I am not into bashing other products so will leave it at that.

I can see that. I'm assuming this engine has had the factory cast intake shelf chopped of and replaced with a custom one form D&J. It would seem that a side draft intake would blast the charge air directly into cylinders 3 and 4, making for a leaner air to fuel mixture. Leaner mixture makes for hotter combustion. Where a top fed intake blast air against the shelf, not directly into the cylinders. Have you experimented with any kind of baffles in the intake shelf itself to evenly direct air to all 6 cylinders?

D&J Precision, would it be acceptable to apply this theory to all forced induction engines?

Back