Deranged carnage solved

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
First, Trusted Performance had nothing to do with my problem. Their oil filter relocation kit worked as advertised, unfortunately, they were given a bad Filter by the company that they bought their filters from. Their kit fit the way it was supposed to, and the part that they had to do with had nothing to do with the destruction of my motor. The filter that was on it somehow came apart. The black crud we found throughout the motor is in fact the filter media that came apart inside the motor. I found chunks of it all over the place, and a large part of it was missing from the filter. When I tore into the filter, I thought I had hit it with the blade I used to cut the metal outer casing. It turns out, I had not. The reason it wasn't filtering is because it had come apart in a section you could put your finger through. Why????? I cannot say, but when I called Trusted they got on the phone and contacted the manufacturer, and they are getting with me tomorrow. so a simple oil filter has destroyed 20K worth of motor, turbo's and injectors, not to mention the time that was put into it. I still don't have it tore down all the way, and I am gonna wait till I get finished talking with the oil filter company. I will not use their name just yet for legal reasons.

Sorry if this caused Trusted any hardship.

Glad you found the culprit Tim. Sorry to hear about the carnage.

damn sorry to hear this tim hopefully the filter company will make things right and help you out since their filter failed and caused the engine damage.

see you should have put the cummins in it!:poke: lmfao!!!:hehe::hehe:

Yeah Leonard, a CUmmins would have done much better in that situation. :doh: LOL

they tend to better taking larger bites,,, 6 bites as opposed to 8...... so chunks of filter might not have choked it ! good you are getting to the bottom of it, surprised you can talk so calmly about it. its gotta be tough. good luck.

Not FRAM is it? LOL

J/k.

Dude, I would be furious! All that time and energy! They better give you the full amount for the engine PLUS the time to fix it.

I have Trusted's kit on mine so I'm glad it had nothing to do with the kit....secondly...I have already replaced my filters with Napa ones.

I'm only looking for what it takes to make it new again, Chit happens, I can't make it not broken by being mad. Bummed out, and deflated, yeah, but its not gonna help. Now tomorrow they tell me to pack sand.....its gonna be a different story.

Wow, thats a big kick in the sack, I would be so po'd, After all the hard work. I hope the filter company flips the bill for you.

i changed a filter on a 4 cyl malibu the other day--- it was just the filter media and the inner parts of the filter were starting to pull out, seperate....... changed it just in time.....

I hope everything works out for you!!!!!

I'm not, but I would think its implied in the use since its a "Race Filter".

that sucks man its one thing to break on the track but to break cause of a filter. good luck getting it back together.

LOL, yea ask Van H about how Weld Racing took his broken wheel....

Fram did take care of stock engines if I recall right, but high performance stuff, usually they hand you a new part and say sorry.

Such as, here is a new filter, sorry about your motor, Dal.:bang

Man that sucks Tim! Good luck, but something tells me you're not going to get enough out of them to repair the whole deal. I'm guessing it might be a pound sand type of deal. Hopefully not, but that is my kind of luck.

If thats the way it goes, thats fine, I have all the time in the world for litigation.

Is it really something that a few cans of carb. cleaner and rolling in some fresh bearings wouldnt fix? This kind of crap just comes with racing, it always sucks but expect something to happen each trip out and be thankful when it does'nt; this has been my way of thinking for the past 17 years of racing. Hope you get it fiqured out though, good luck.
Ryan

Back