Deranged carnage solved

Lavon, I am not bashing anyone, simply saying that a system that happens to come from a site sponsor failed to do what it was supposed to do. Period. Comp d has a long tradition of not blindly protecting a site sponsor. We have never allowed anyone to unjustly criticize without merit a sponsor, but that said becoming a site sponsor does not absolve you of your obligation to provide quality materials and or customer service to the members of this site either.

Makes sense, and I understand your frustration.

So you got snubbed by the filter co (no surprise) so you're switching your stance on the role the parts from Trusted had to do with your failure? Don't blame you, I'd still be puking if my $20k engine et al went down because of a stupid fuggin filter issue! Feel for ya on that brah!

Later

I'm no engineer or anything like that, but I have a simple question. I've seen several posts on the micro and flow rate rating of this filter but no one has mentioned viscosity. What is the viscosity rating of this filter. Its obviously designed of use in a gas engine but what about a diesel that uses a higher viscosity oil. Perhaps the oils viscosity was too high and it couldn't go though the filter causing the filter to tear to allow the oil to pass.

Wow, would you share the brand that you had an issue with? I used to use the 3976A Fram and heard they were having issues, and have used nothing but Wix for years. The WIX has filters for ours that both do and dont have a built in bypass, but in the Cummins it's already done in the filter head so I dont see really needing to have it in the filter as well. I have no idea as to the plumbing on a Ferd though...

the "bypass" in the Fleetguard filters is a seperate path in the filter that offers bypass filtration... it filters down to a smaller micron than the full flow section. no unfiltered oil passes through the engine. the pressure regulator in the filter head dumps excess oil to the sump

Sucks to hear about the problems your having with getting this resolved. I hope all works out in the end. If you need help putting it back together, just holla and i'm sure you'll have a bunch of us there to help slow you down...:rockwoot:

Sorry to hear about Deranged Tim. I guess I'm slow. I did however click on the link Danny provided and got a good laugh.

The center of the page pasted up in the blue sky it says, "Because you have better things to do than worry about your filter...."

How ironic. :(

Have there been other failures related with these filters? I'm surprised to see a site moderator bash one of its own site sponsors. Is there a chance of a manufacture defect in one filter or has is there a history of problems related with Trusted's system?

Lavon

IMHO If you market a kit as your own kit (which Trusted has)then you have the responsibility for it. It's your kit and it doesn't matter what part of the kit fails, it's your kit that failed. You need to step up and take care of the customer, then you go back to your suppliers. It's not the customers problem with the part suppliers within your kit.

Now if the kit was not used properly that's another story but I believe it is safe to assume that Trusted knew what the application was that it was going to be used in. It's a bad deal for all involved but its up to Trusted to step up and do the right thing here. Tim is not asking for the world just asking that they step up and take care of the damage there kit caused.

Tim is not asking for the world just asking that they step up and take care of the damage there kit caused.

He wasn't even asking that actually. Just wanted them to go to bat for him with the filter company. Even that didn't happen.

He wasn't even asking that actually. Just wanted them to go to bat for him with the filter company. Even that didn't happen.

[First, Trusted Performance had nothing to do with my problem. Their oil filter relocation kit worked as advertised, unfortunately, they were given a bad Filter by the company that they bought their filters from.] [Their kit fit the way it was supposed to, and the part that they had to do with had nothing to do with the destruction of my motor.] The filter that was on it somehow came apart. The black crud we found throughout the motor is in fact the filter media that came apart inside the motor. I found chunks of it all over the place, and a large part of it was missing from the filter. When I tore into the filter, I thought I had hit it with the blade I used to cut the metal outer casing. It turns out, I had not. The reason it wasn't filtering is because it had come apart in a section you could put your finger through. Why????? I cannot say, but when I called Trusted they got on the phone and contacted the manufacturer, and they are getting with me tomorrow. so a simple oil filter has destroyed 20K worth of motor, turbo's and injectors, not to mention the time that was put into it. I still don't have it tore down all the way, and I am gonna wait till I get finished talking with the oil filter company. I will not use their name just yet for legal reasons.

[Sorry if this caused Trusted any hardship.]

Still, seems like this very first and then the last sentence would release any thought of legal reasoning. I mean.... can't have it both ways?

seems that the first and last sentences were diplomaticly worded in hopes that Trusted would go to bat against their filter supplier :eek:

seems that the first and last sentences were diplomaticly worded in hopes that Trusted would go to bat against their filter supplier :eek:

Ya, not reading between the lines here, just as the print on paper as anyone else would read it. This was boldly brought up on an open forum so just commenting how it looks.....I have no interest on either side. Just odd to release a thread basicly giving up all liabilty to this guy, then later in the same breath renigging on it, thats all? Drag racing is'nt for everyone I tell ya that.....it takes a strong stomach sometimes

I just think it's a shame that so much money was lost on such a simple item... looks like chinese anodized ricer junk to me... a standard filter head and a quality spin-on filter and the Range would still be alive

[First, Trusted Performance had nothing to do with my problem. Their oil filter relocation kit worked as advertised, unfortunately, they were given a bad Filter by the company that they bought their filters from.] [Their kit fit the way it was supposed to, and the part that they had to do with had nothing to do with the destruction of my motor.] The filter that was on it somehow came apart. The black crud we found throughout the motor is in fact the filter media that came apart inside the motor. I found chunks of it all over the place, and a large part of it was missing from the filter. When I tore into the filter, I thought I had hit it with the blade I used to cut the metal outer casing. It turns out, I had not. The reason it wasn't filtering is because it had come apart in a section you could put your finger through. Why????? I cannot say, but when I called Trusted they got on the phone and contacted the manufacturer, and they are getting with me tomorrow. so a simple oil filter has destroyed 20K worth of motor, turbo's and injectors, not to mention the time that was put into it. I still don't have it tore down all the way, and I am gonna wait till I get finished talking with the oil filter company. I will not use their name just yet for legal reasons.

[Sorry if this caused Trusted any hardship.]

Still, seems like this very first and then the last sentence would release any thought of legal reasoning. I mean.... can't have it both ways?

Exactly. All they did literally was call them filter company and have them call Tim because he was having some kind of problem.

My issues with trusted have little to do with the filter failing and everything to do with their handling. I never for a second considered legal action against them. I dont work that way. I have plenty of stomach for racing, and little for dodging responsibility and customer care!

It's a shame it happened so soon after Big Swole blew his mill up. You might have been able to parlay this into a bunch of free stuff and an even stronger build...

IMHO If you market a kit as your own kit (which Trusted has)then you have the responsibility for it. It's your kit and it doesn't matter what part of the kit fails, it's your kit that failed. You need to step up and take care of the customer, then you go back to your suppliers. It's not the customers problem with the part suppliers within your kit.

Now if the kit was not used properly that's another story but I believe it is safe to assume that Trusted knew what the application was that it was going to be used in. It's a bad deal for all involved but its up to Trusted to step up and do the right thing here. Tim is not asking for the world just asking that they step up and take care of the damage there kit caused.

Agree, when Toyota had all those brake pedal problems who was held responsible, Toyota or the company who made the brake pedal assembly.

Racing parts rarely, if ever have any warranty written or expressed. That sucks beyond belief because race vehicles are more likely the application see conditions that would lead to failure of product whether it's supposed to last or just a substandard cheap out.

Is there any warranty expressed or written by the filter company or Trusted for their respective products being used in a competition vehicle? If not, as chitty as it is, you can't really realistically expect either company to pick up the tab for the failure can you???

Again, I sincerely feel bad for you as I'd be absolutely devistated if that happened to me.

Later

Racing parts rarely, if ever have any warranty written or expressed. That sucks beyond belief because race vehicles are more likely the application see conditions that would lead to failure of product whether it's supposed to last or just a substandard cheap out.

Is there any warranty expressed or written by the filter company or Trusted for their respective products being used in a competition vehicle? If not, as chitty as it is, you can't really realistically expect either company to pick up the tab for the failure can you???

Again, I sincerely feel bad for you as I'd be absolutely devistated if that happened to me.

Later

Legally? Probably not. Morally? I think we all know the answer to that question. I think just about any other sponsor on here would've, at a minimum, at least gone to bat for Tim with the filter company, which is all Tim asked of Trusted.

Wow. So sorry to read all of this Tim. I had heard you had issues - but was unaware of the cause of the issues. I hope you get this thing back together sooner rather than later.

Jason

hydrolic systems get piping hot.... i worked on a Super Single Slant drilling rig for Precision up here in canada and most of the work on those particular rigs is done with various hyrdolics.... the resivoir for the fluid on these rigs is something like over a 100 gallons of hydrolic oil, and while i was working motorhand and monitering these systems, in the summer time the fuild would routinely hit +40/50 celcius in the holding tank on the cooling loop, and that is with a 3x2' radiator with a fan in the cooling loop as well.... in the winter time, outside temp @ -40 celcius, the radiator bypassed then tank on the cooling loop was still @ +20 celcius.... mind you the hydrolics on the rig are being used 24 hrs a day, as it has a hydrolic topdrive and a hydrolic pipearm... i've cooked my lunch on the holding tanks more then once

as far as filter flow, we use bigger hydrolic fleetgaurd filters on the rig's fuel loop as well... it was an HF6720 i beleive... x2 on the rig loop, and 2 more on the fueling station. As far as i know the hydrolic filters HAVE to filter down to a fairly small micron rating, yet still flow a ton.... how it's done i'm not sure.... wether bypass in the filter heads or in the filter themselves....

Back