Diesel Funny car fires up new motor...."OH MY"

I sqaueezed my ass in that thing one day and it felt like I was wrapped up by a boa constrictor. Shoulders were crushed, head sideways to fit under the halo....I am NOT cut out to drive something like that. LOL

Will it really take that kind of R's to light that combo on a Cummins ? Looks good John , hope to see it down in Phoenix again this year ! It was good meeting you last year , probably dont remember but i was parked next to you guys on the left side with the black Dmax , had a nice conversation about Hobbiest :hehe:
I remember.....I enjoyed the conversation for sure!!
I think the single was an 80, right? At least one will light off the line this way ;)
yes sir it was an 80.
I sqaueezed my ass in that thing one day and it felt like I was wrapped up by a boa constrictor. Shoulders were crushed, head sideways to fit under the halo....I am NOT cut out to drive something like that. LOL

Heck Heath had to get on top of the escape hatch & jump up & down to get it to close....You are a big ole boy!!

Lord I'd hope not, I was kind of kiddin'..... kind of. It will lite better than his huge single Im sure. Having them lite that late would be almost pointless IMO.
John will get it fingered out, I think he's like me, persistant, hard working and wont give up. If the'll lite, not drive through the convertor and GM tranny parts dont go flyin' it should be fast lol

That's what i was thinking :hehe: , I have almost the same turbo's under my hood now , but a 475 up top and I didnt think it was too bad to spool i mean it wasnt instant or anything but ................, i haven't spooled them all the way yet but had it up to 5psi in the drive way yesterday just messing around, rain stopped me from taking my first test drive :bang .

We fired her up again after work just to see if we could....Its going to take a procedure for sure. It was 36 degrees & ether is my new best friend. Tinkered with the pump a little & once she has had her initial start up its not too bad. Hopefully on Saturday we can bring most all of it together & be ready for our "private testing":hehe: She burned over 1.5 gallons of fuel bringing it up to 210 degrees of engine temp. Gotta call "the king of bling" Joe Hellman tomorrow & get a bigger fuel tank built.

We fired her up again after work just to see if we could....Its going to take a procedure for sure. It was 36 degrees & ether is my new best friend. Tinkered with the pump a little & once she has had her initial start up its not too bad. Hopefully on Saturday we can bring most all of it together & be ready for our "private testing":hehe:

I hear ya , i smoke my whole damn shop out with white smoke when i start it dead cold but you are probably a bit lower than me on compression , i am at high 14's , after warmed up it is OK though .

If Coy could fit in the cage he would have the driving duties in a heartbeat....He is way too tall. His head is bent over & knees hit the wheel. Hellmann & Dalpilot have been asked but he schedule is too conflicting with their life. The driver needs to be a constant.
I'm short and light! I know how to drag race! I don't have the smarts to be skeered!

Next to Rich I look like a dwarf!

Oh, and I have a race suit and helmet and gloves already, I just need fireproof shoes.

Heck Heath had to get on top of the escape hatch & jump up & down to get it to close....You are a big ole boy!!

Hey now I learned how it works. I get in and out of Karen well. Had to learn after I was thrown off the 4-wheeler in Ennis.......:poke:

We buy the good JD stuff by the case :)

Again sounds sweet John

BBD

No kidding, All ether isnt created equel? I have noticed before that on some cans it sprays out as a vapor more than a liquid but i always thought it was a temperature thing.?

john deere premium either is 80% and is the only either that will start our pulling engines. Agco is like 65% and others are even less. the cheap either makes it sound like the rods are knocking when you try and use it. the jd stuff makes her purrr, give it a try and let us know I bet it greatly improves the starting of your beast
:ft:

john deere premium either is 80% and is the only either that will start our pulling engines. Agco is like 65% and others are even less. the cheap either makes it sound like the rods are knocking when you try and use it. the jd stuff makes her purrr, give it a try and let us know I bet it greatly improves the starting of your beast

Thanks for the tip!! I had no idea. I will give it a try.

Hey now I learned how it works. I get in and out of Karen well. Had to learn after I was thrown off the 4-wheeler in Ennis.......:poke:

Now Heath.....You know how safty oriented i am. I was just making sure the brakes were in good working order for the weight load i had on the front of it. :hehe::hehe:

Here is the official brand of fluid at Keating Machine......yeah......I know it's only 25%, but the brand name makes up for the missing Ether.

SYB150.jpg

Good info...I knew ours was better than most everything else out there, but Deere's is a bit better. Some engines don't like ours...as soon as it gets a snort, they just lock up.

Thanks for the tip!! I had no idea. I will give it a try.

I'd offer to send you a case for Karen John...but I can't ship it...

Maybe I could become the official Ether supplier of Comp D:hehe: :hehe:
Chris

Now Heath.....You know how safty oriented i am. I was just making sure the brakes were in good working order for the weight load i had on the front of it. :hehe::hehe:

I pulled the bs card then and I am now. Y'all got a good laugh as I was picking rocks out of my bleeding hands and arms.

Always keep in the back of your mind...... Pay back is coming.

Back