Diesel Power Challenge 2015 Coverage and Discussion

Looks like Lavon couldn't get it
to hook up very well, backed out of it several times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well atleast a Ferd with a Powastroke won something. Most likely the only thing :poke:

This new deal with fuel economy's going to hurt the big power guys. ****ty deal, it's pushing you to start your **** cold and shut it off hot.

Can't imagine Lavon not taking it at this point.

This new deal with fuel economy's going to hurt the big power guys. ****ty deal, it's pushing you to start your **** cold and shut it off hot.

The only advantage I can see doing it this way is the competitors are going to pretty much use 1 tune for the whole event vs an all out power and then an economy tune. EFI guys have a big advantage in this regard.

With Lavons showing in all the events I just can't see how he won't take the whole thing.

I don't see how this new way proves anything? The old way proved you could still tune a powerful truck to get good economy. This new way just seems like it is proving that it takes fuel to make power?

I don't see how this new way proves anything? The old way proved you could still tune a powerful truck to get good economy. This new way just seems like it is proving that it takes fuel to make power?

Pretty much sum's up my opinion on it. It would be a better test maybe if each truck had to haul an empty trailer or something.

I could be wrong but it sounded to me like not all competitors got to make a pass last night before they got rained out. If this is correct, wouldn't that slightly skew the fuel economy testing with their new setup?

Wasn't it Bones that said "F fuel mileage, I'm doing rolling burnouts!"

Yeah, that.

Back