Drag Racing Rules

BrettWINspeed

Just P pump it
Does anyone know where to find the rules for drag racing? Are they going by NHRA rules? The 23rd is getting close and I haven't been able to get a reply from the NADM website.
Thanks
Brett

What rules would you like? Typically NHRA rules are followed for safety equipment.

We're wondering about safety equipment and tech. Frame height, fire jackets for running nitrous, roll bar/cage. What are NADM Officials gonna inforce, and is it gonna be NADM or NHRA officals doing the tech inspections or both.
Thanks
Brett

I'm honestly not sure. In the past, each diesel organization that I've run with has enforced a lesser or equal set of NHRA-based rules. If you build it to NHRA spec, I'm sure it will pass.

I'm pretty sure NADM has the ruels on thier site now, but like Brandon said, if you are cool with NHRA tech, you should be fine.... What class are you wanting to run?

Timbeaux38 said:
I'm pretty sure NADM has the ruels on thier site now, but like Brandon said, if you are cool with NHRA tech, you should be fine.... What class are you wanting to run?
I haven't been able to find the rules yet, just at the bottom of the drag racing page says See NADM rulebook for specific class guidelines.

Don't know what class it would be, but were trying to get a few 4wd's set up for 11.99 and faster.

Here's a couple of the big ones:
11.99 and faster needs drive shaft loops, catch the front of every shaft.

11.49 and faster needs a roll bar.

If you are set up to pass NHRA tech for those speeds, you most likely will pass other sanctioning bodies rules in regards to safety as well.

NHRA rules on loops is 13.99 with slicks and 11.49 with DOT tires, I am not sure what NADM requires.

I posted the NHRA rules and drawings for driveline loops over on the NHRDA.com website forums, or you can see them in my photbucket account (account name galts-gulch).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I know Famoso will require a fire jacket if you run nitrous since it is a NHRA rule.

I got schooled tonight at the track for not having a fire jacket and running NOS. What specs do the jacket have to meet? I looked through NHRA rules on their website and see nothing to give me any guideline. Also, I plan to possibly race Quick Diesel in Bakersfield but my truck is a ways from breaking into the 11's. Do I still need driveshaft loops? Someone said they are required for the class but NHRA says 11.99? Thanks in advance!

BilletGarage said:
I got schooled tonight at the track for not having a fire jacket and running NOS. What specs do the jacket have to meet? I

I forget the rating but I know the cheap ones that run approx $50 at summit or jegs pass.

With OEM firewall, a 3.2A/1 jacket is required with Nitrous.

paulb said:
With OEM firewall, a 3.2A/1 jacket is required with Nitrous.
And aftermarket turbo, right?

I haven't recieved an answer on the drive shaft loops.

NHRA is 11.49 on street tires.
NADM rules are stating 11.99 or your thrown off.

I'm trying to fab up something this weekend.

IdahoRob said:
And aftermarket turbo, right?

Non-OEM turbo... I'm sure they were OEM on something...both of them... :hehe:

Paul

I don't have the rulebook in front of me, but I remember reading the line about non-OEM turbos, and thinking that it applied to vehicles which were not originally turbocharged, but had an aftermarket kit added to it.

I'm still ticked that I have to buy a full-face helmet to run 9's in a full-bodied car (new rule this year).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

NADM rules require loops for Quick Diesel... BUT we will be running NHRA rules at Famoso as our ASO is not complete. NHRA rules state 11.49 or slower on DOT's DON'T require loops. NHRA also state anything quicker that 14.0 ON slicks DO require loops.:Cheer:

Back