Drag Racing Rules

I thought that was the point here? Discussing things about what can be done to change this?

Last time I checked reps from NADM (like the founder or whoever David is) are here.... no?

That is the point I am trying to get accross, and I am done with this thread. How are people complaining on a private forum getting anything accomplished. David nor NADM need my or your help.

Names dont need to be mentioned, suffice to say you will lose racers if you go 1/8. And not just Pat.
I just spent a bank account crushing dollar amount building a daily driver 4X4/Race Truck. I know of Six more motors being built in the same shop for the same purpose. I thought the mainstream idea of our sport is everybody can come on down to the track and see somthing moving that big that fast. You get to see the guy that towed a couple thousand pounds of concrete to a job site beat 95% of what showed up to race that day. How many of those people want to see a truck that fast run a 1/8 mile?:bang! 4X4's is this Diesel Community not tube chassied race truck's that weigh 3K LBS or 4X2's that are chopped, cut, tubbed, started with either and wiegh in as a 1500. If we X out this class instead of finding a way to make it safe then I think myself and a whole lot of Diesel Racer's and Enthusiast's will go elsewhere.

He is here... You can also call him and the tech Dept at 866-786-6236. Dave is a great guy and easy to talk to.

Hey, theres another supporter for my cause! :cheer:

You really think Im lying or something or posting to see my user name?

There are also a bunch of Funny Car guys that spent a boatload of cash to build cars that might not be safe. Should the NHRA let those guys run? We lost Eric Medlin and damn near lost John Force. Safety rules change guys. So we have to as well.

Thats right. Rules change - more intense cages, tire specs, etc.

Not the deletion of a class.

I'm all about safety. Has there been a drive shaft broken in Quick Diesel before or even Pro-Street?

We tested the loops in Keatings truck 2 years ago when a Mark Williams yoke grenaded. They work. I highly recommend them.

NADM can offer a 10.50 index class as well. It is in the rulebook. I know of like 2 trucks on the west coast that have gone faster than that, and neither was in Bakersfield.

Show me where anyone is deleting a class? I've gone back thru the whole thread and maybe I'm missing something?

"Two"

TheCount.jpg

Sorry...this needed to be lightened up a little bit.

...As a former racer, I DON'T like 1/8th mile racing on a 1/4 mile track. But when nearly every sub 10 second US member asks for 1/8th mile, I assumed I was doing the right thing by listening to my racers.

Interesting choice of words.

"nearly every" - not all.

There are only two 4x4 that have ever run under. One isn't even a street truck, it's a racecar.

So have both these trucks been certified to run 9's, or is the 1/8th rule a way to reduce safety equipment requirements to race a 1000HP hotrod?

This is called constructive thinking I'm glad at least one guy on this thread has a brain. To say no to 4X4's running 9's in the 1/4 or limitng them to a 1/8 mile are uneducated and poorly fomulated fixes to your so called unsafe 4X4 drag racing problem! Rules changes like ride height, cage specs and tire's are a way more proactive way to go about fixing the problem instead of the close minded we just cant have it anymore because it's too unsafe. If this class is reduced or cut in anyway kiss goodbye alot of loyal and commited diesel dragger's and enthusiast's from the sport and these competitions. Mark my words the sport will be seriously handicapped in the beggining of it's rise to the mainstream!

What I find the funniest about all this is the people with the problem about 1/8 mi don't even run in the class.:bang And the one person that attempts to, doesn't even belong there anyway because he isn't fast enough!!:hehe: And then throws a hissy fit because he feels the rules are there to keep him out:doh:

SIKDMAX,

When you pony up the $'s and the sack to run 10.0 or under instead of 13+, feel free to voice how it "affects' you:poke::hehe:

Thanks Kat.

Subman631:

I guess I don't have a solution to this problem, but all I know is I have a ton of money invested in building a truck to run in this class and I have no and let me repeat, No interest in racing 1/8 mile. As a fan just watching this event I was pissed when we didn't get the 1/4 times. It appeared the guys racing weren't very aware either because almost all of them ran the full 1/4 mile. Thanks again to NADM for putting on a great first event under somewhat difficult conditions. Other than the 1/8 mile for the trucks I really drove almost 2,000 miles round trip to watch it was great.

Back