Drag Racing Rules

What I find the funniest about all this is the people with the problem about 1/8 mi don't even run in the class.:bang And the one person that attempts to, doesn't even belong there anyway because he isn't fast enough!!:hehe: And then throws a hissy fit because he feels the rules are there to keep him out:doh:

SIKDMAX,

When you pony up the $'s and the sack to run 10.0 or under instead of 13+, feel free to voice how it "affects' you:poke::hehe:

I have no plans to run 9s as all you ******* wont allow it by then.

Ill be 10s though.... see you in a few months!

What I find the funniest about all this is the people with the problem about 1/8 mi don't even run in the class.:bang And the one person that attempts to, doesn't even belong there anyway because he isn't fast enough!!:hehe: And then throws a hissy fit because he feels the rules are there to keep him out:doh:

SIKDMAX,

When you pony up the $'s and the sack to run 10.0 or under instead of 13+, feel free to voice how it "affects' you:poke::hehe:

Can you even post anything without calling people names?

Just curious.

I have no plans to run 9s as all you ******* wont allow it by then.

Ill be 10s though.... see you in a few months!

Will they even let you across the Cali. State line where the "No crying in Drag Racing" rules apply??:bang

What I find the funniest about all this is the people with the problem about 1/8 mi don't even run in the class ...

What ET did you qualify with?

What I find funniest about all this is the people with the problem with 1/4mi racing don't even run in this class, or even need any safety equipment besides a helmet.

What height is your Centerline?

This is called constructive thinking I'm glad at least one guy on this thread has a brain. To say no to 4X4's running 9's in the 1/4 or limitng them to a 1/8 mile are uneducated and poorly fomulated fixes to your so called unsafe 4X4 drag racing problem! Rules changes like ride height, cage specs and tire's are a way more proactive way to go about fixing the problem instead of the close minded we just cant have it anymore because it's too unsafe. If this class is reduced or cut in anyway kiss goodbye alot of loyal and commited diesel dragger's and enthusiast's from the sport and these competitions. Mark my words the sport will be seriously handicapped in the beggining of it's rise to the mainstream!

Dude...I hope you take this the right way. To come into the thread and be taken seriously, you don't need to make comments like 'at least one guy on this thread has a brain'. It turns most people off before you have even made your first comment.

Now my being part of a pro team, I can only think of a handful of guys that are currently on the track with 4x4's. Maybe I'm too busy downloading data and getting the truck ready for the next round that I'm missing all the 4x4 action.

In regards to changing requirements for roll cages and such, lets look at the Force race team. They spent the entire winter with Ford, the chassis fabricators and other teams coming up with a fix. They spent millions. Making changes in regards to safety does not happen overnight.

What ET did you qualify with?

What I find funniest about all this is the people with the problem with 1/4mi racing don't even run in this class, or even need any safety equipment besides a helmet.

What height is your Centerline?

First,

I'm not the one attempting to run in a class I don't belong in:poke:

Second,

It's 29.5"

I read that as they were building one truck together?

Yes Tim, Guy and I are building it together. It just happens to be 4X2 because it was the first truck we found but it could have been a 4X4 just as easy.

Let's keep this about rules discussion. I'm tired of seeing the personal shots.

I'm offering a free day off for the next ones I read in this thread.

Ok, please lets not let this become more than it is.

We have a ET Bracket class that is good to 10 seonds flat.

We have a 12.0 second Index class.

We have a 10.50 Index class available to run when the trucks express the desire to run it. We have this class because some expressed the desire to build a truck to it and not have an open end like Unlimited.

We have an Unlimited Street class that is heads up.

The US racers I have spoke with asked for or ok'd going 1/8th mile for this class. NADM didn't set out to make it 1/8th, the racers did.

I understand some have expressed they will not compete 1/8th mile. I don't need to see names because I have heard from some directly. :thankyou2: So then, maybe we run 10.5 out there? Maybe we run 1/4 out west and 1/8th in the east. Maybe the racers just say lets go 1/4. Point is I don't know right now, but I do know NADM is not concerned about whether it is a 1/8th or 1/4 mile class. It was asked for 1/8th when the classes where being structured. But keeping this subject alive like has been done, is just tearing down what was a great event.

1/4 or 1/8th is not a rule. It is a class structure and sometimes a track limitation. In our rule book on page 7 we indicated 1/4 times and 1/8th times for qualifying for this class.

Thanks Dave..... May I direct all other comments to your PM box? LOL

With that said. The 1/4 Mile 1/8 discussion is over . If you have a problem call David at NADM or send him a e-mail/PM.

If anymore 1/8 or 1/4 discussion/arguing is done the post will be removed! and a warning sent to the poster. If I have to send a 2nd warning there will be a vacation.

Back