Drive pressure particle trap?

I have a the "beta" batch ready.
It works, how long between clean outs? Only time on several vehicles will tell.
I've built the housings with room for better filters but costs go up so I'm hopeful my simple filter solution will last with the trap catching the big stuff.

Typically I would anodize them hard coat black (no colors, i'm a Henry Ford-ian).
And I have no problem sending to people, there will be a good deal for people testing and we'll be sending updates if needed. Its really difficult to perform service life tests without some run time.

Dang funny how this thread popped up today. I made my own setup out of 1/4 tubing. I noticed for the very first time coming to work today, the DP is stuck on 3-4 psi. Maybe I need one of these little doo-dads too. :D

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

mine made it almost 4,000 miles before it started to fudge readings. how long did yours make it?

Yip. Stuck on 3 psi looking at the log. Dammit. It is 19F this morning. Maybe it is frozen. LOL J/K.

What's the threads on that little doo-dad? I assume I can just cut my tubing and put that part in the middle? Can you turn the inlet and outlet to be on opposite sides?

I'd get these things out to folks out in the cold climates ASAP. If you miss the bus on that you may be up for a redesign next winter if there's cold/freeze/condensation issues to figure out.

I'd get these things out to folks out in the cold climates ASAP. If you miss the bus on that you may be up for a redesign next winter if there's cold/freeze/condensation issues to figure out.

Yes. It is now cold. Send me one and I'll test it for you. :D

Drove my test truck today, holy christ does my DP gauge BUZZ! smooths out at high Rs but at low rpm jeez, its frantic!
Now that I added an Edge Juice I see a peak of 45psi LOL.
The other test truck says all good so far.
And I have some units ready to go/gone out to some beta testers.

Drove my test truck today, holy christ does my DP gauge BUZZ! smooths out at high Rs but at low rpm jeez, its frantic!
Now that I added an Edge Juice I see a peak of 45psi LOL.
The other test truck says all good so far.
And I have some units ready to go/gone out to some beta testers.

you the man lance. cant wait.

I received mine on Tuesday, not sure when ill be able to install it. I need to get some fittings and I just started a turnaround on nights so, I'm not sure when that's gonna happen.

Gonna pull mine apart tomorrow morning and see how much its soot it has. Been on for over a week. It was below freezing here monday morning and everything was working great still!!

been running mine for a couple of days now. absolutely no soot in the plastic line at all. works great so far.

As long as the gauges keep reading we're good.... here's to hoping the inexpensive parts work, keeping this affordable.
If not its either bigger filters or more expansion chambers or both.

Well a week of daily driving on 8UPRACING's truck and reports on the filter are good, nice and clean. I believe the expansion chamber is working.

Last edited:
Back