duramini vs Tpd Wednseday night!!!!!!!!

Dramini has a red 4 door shot box. Watch out. It might go BOOM from all the :nos: he puts in that piece of crap.....

dont get me wrong, its a good running truck, he just thinks its real cool to try to shove 500hp worth of nos into that thing.

for once, i agree with you Josh, if i fed 500hp worth of nitrous in my truck i bet it would haul ass too. i'd be a LOT more impressed to see that thing do over 1000 horse on the dyno WITHOUT an schit load of spray

for once, i agree with you Josh, if i fed 500hp worth of nitrous in my truck i bet it would haul ass too. i'd be a LOT more impressed to see that thing do over 1000 horse on the dyno WITHOUT an schit load of spray

.... so are you gonna say that Buck Spruil's truck is a joke or something? 2 stages and then he had direct port injection into all 8 cylinders IIRC he ran a 9.70? If you can't count that high that is 10 stages of nitrous. Buck had a substantially smaller turbo than Dmitri does GT4202 to an S480, when you go max effort not everyone has access too $10,000 turbo setups. Regardless of your opinions of Dmitri's truck i still think its an awesome truck.

The funny thing is Bucks truck runs low 10's on fuel only. It's a really well tuned and set up truck.

.... so are you gonna say that Buck Spruil's truck is a joke or something? 2 stages and then he had direct port injection into all 8 cylinders IIRC he ran a 9.70? If you can't count that high that is 10 stages of nitrous. Buck had a substantially smaller turbo than Dmitri does GT4202 to an S480, when you go max effort not everyone has access too $10,000 turbo setups. Regardless of your opinions of Dmitri's truck i still think its an awesome truck.

im saying any douche nozzle with efi live and someone else's money can build a 650+ horse duramax and then throw a 500 horse shot on it, wow, so impressive. what would impress ME is a 1000 horse duramax on fuel only, THAT takes some skill and knowledge. but continue on, i obviously dont know what im talking about........

im saying any douche nozzle with efi live and someone else's money can build a 650+ horse duramax and then throw a 500 horse shot on it, wow, so impressive. what would impress ME is a 1000 horse duramax on fuel only, THAT takes some skill and knowledge. but continue on, i obviously dont know what im talking about........

I have no dog in this fight.....

That being said, thats a bold ****ing statement.........to which i have my doubts you could do. There is a little more finess to working those tables then just cranking them up.....

i am well aware of that fact, i have never tried doing it therefore i have no say whether i could or not. the point i was trying to make is that 1000+ on spray isn't impressive when your truck barely makes 650 on fuel, sure 650 on fuel is impressive to the average joe, but in the drag racing world, its just not that cool. all you've gotta do is just "add more spray" and you can go faster, no effort whatsoever. i have MAJOR respect for guys that are doing 10's with NO giggle gas, THAT is impressive. i know a local guy running 9's on a 402 with a 2 barrel in a 69 camaro, and you bet your ass he's not running nitrous to do it. in my mind that is a testament to his knowledge of engine building and putting parts together that work.

Why when somebody makes a big number or a fast et/mph there has to be someone that cant say thats a good job and a very big number or a fast truck you have. Either commend someone or dont post at all. Remember this is supposed to be a diesel FAMILY!!!! My $.02.

To me, a 500hp shot of spray down the track without having your motor scatter all over the place 1st pass IS impressive.

i am well aware of that fact, i have never tried doing it therefore i have no say whether i could or not. the point i was trying to make is that 1000+ on spray isn't impressive when your truck barely makes 650 on fuel, sure 650 on fuel is impressive to the average joe, but in the drag racing world, its just not that cool. all you've gotta do is just "add more spray" and you can go faster, no effort whatsoever. i have MAJOR respect for guys that are doing 10's with NO giggle gas, THAT is impressive. i know a local guy running 9's on a 402 with a 2 barrel in a 69 camaro, and you bet your ass he's not running nitrous to do it. in my mind that is a testament to his knowledge of engine building and putting parts together that work.

I dont care to get in the middle of the smack talk threads , But the truck has gone 11.20 on fuel @ 6k elevation ( RMR ) .and sprayed to a 10.80 , that isn't near the spray every one is making it out to be and 11.20 on fuel in a 6900 lb crew cab at elevation is nothing to be ashamed of, and if you check your own calculator that 800 hp on fuel , that was on a S480 and now he has a S483 , take it for what its worth .

I love the sound of smack talk in the morning. Spring is here.

Why when somebody makes a big number or a fast et/mph there has to be someone that cant say thats a good job and a very big number or a fast truck you have. Either commend someone or dont post at all. Remember this is supposed to be a diesel FAMILY!!!! My $.02.
:thankyou2: I agree completely. That's why I don't post much... :lolly: Just kidding, but seriously... :kick:

im pretty sure i was there for that dyno run, 7 somethin on fuel and 1147 with a schitload of spray. sure its impressive that the motor doesn't scatter, but those numbers on spray dont impress me. i bet my dodge could almost do that, with enough :nos: of course

i think you're getting in a LITTLE over your head with that claim....
that would be like me saying "well my 7.3 makes 400+ on fuel, so it must be able to make 900+ on nitrous!! anyone can make 500hp more with spray!"
you can't just build an engine for fuel and throw nitrous at it and expect an extra 500hp.... i mean of course there'll be an increase, but not 500hp....
BUT if you build an engine FOR nitrous you may be able to still hit a decent number on fuel but since you've built everything around the use of nitrous... yo may gain that 400-500hp from using it....
and no i'm not a "yay :nos: woo!" type of person... i prefer fuel only as well... just cause it looks more badass :hehe: but i respect the guys making huge power with nitrous and i know i can't even imagine the work that has gone into those engines

theres two ways to set up a truck, a fuel only truck, or a setup that can be sparyed. i spray 300hp. i can't afford a 10,000 set of charger, and a ford 6 leaker won't spool that big of a charger, i know is a duramax thing, but just saying if thats how he set up the truck. whats the problem. is it because hes faster than you so NOS is the reason. i thought this was drag raceing, heads up run what you brought. i didn't know there were rules for an all out pass. WHOEVER CROSSES THE FINISH LINE FIRST "WINS",no excusses. not maybe i should have sprayed it. let your nuts drop. FUEL ONLY ARE FOR GUYS THAT CAN AFFORD EXPENSIVE CHARGERS, the rest of us make power the cheapest way we know how.

with that said, Drake kick his butt LOL

good luck guys, can't wait to hear the results

Back