ECM Programmers ?? and Secret Squirrel Chit

That's awesome. You must be the most intelligent man in this godforsaken state. LOL

:hehe: That is highly doubtful....but I am more smarter than most of the women. :hehe:

Einstein didnt even have a funnel pisser! Stephen hawking doesn.........umm ok nevermind.

jory, i am 99.9 percent sure that i have seen actual and desired timing on the Verus/modis. Ill plug in this weekend when i get home from college for the weekend to check. Also IIRC the JTEC PCM is also j1939 compliant. Ill see if i can get you any more info on the PIDS as well. Does your murphy box connect to the OBDII port or Does it go to the Cummins Can bus?

I can get timing numbers on the 06+ trucks with my Solus Pro, but not anything older.

The "furnial" is one of the shops best features. LOL

moto_0006.jpg

jory, i am 99.9 percent sure that i have seen actual and desired timing on the Verus/modis. Ill plug in this weekend when i get home from college for the weekend to check. Also IIRC the JTEC PCM is also j1939 compliant. Ill see if i can get you any more info on the PIDS as well. Does your murphy box connect to the OBDII port or Does it go to the Cummins Can bus?

Any word on reading the PCM parameters? I think I need to figure out the base address of the PCM before I can set up anything. Anyone know the PCM base address?

I have no idea what you're doing or why and I fer shur kan't ansar won kuesjun--but by golly molly I like it and find it interesting---guess I need to bone up on what's happening in the diesel world these days--been in hiatus status since I'm not playin any more---soobskribed.......chris

I just fell into it since a buddy said "hey, I have some stuff you will love to play with". Now I'm hooked. It is pretty pricey and probably not for most; however, it would be great in a dedicated racer as it could replace the whole instrument cluster in one small package and log and do all kinds of other crap.

I got most of the ECM junk figured out, but I want to display some of the PCM stuff and don't know where to start on it. If I can tap it, I can also do a diag screen that would show me stuff like when the AC low pressure switch is tripped and stupid junk like that.

you need to contact Bob Wagner(that's his compd name also) or Marco(MADS) and see if Bob can get you that info from Marco(I'd think Marco would have this info, but maybe not)---I'd be surprised if they gave it to you, but what do you have to lose---chris

I hadn't thought about Bob. I'll give him a shout. It ain't like I'm trying to sell anything. I'm just tryin' to program my own truck with some "wow" features. I have not the time nor resources to start pimpin' these things and do everyone's programming. O, and it will also read DTC's and actaully tell what they are, not just numbers. And I can clear the DTC's also. Ohhh...Ahhhhh. :D

Edit: Mr. Bob's inbox is FULL. I "friend requested" him so maybe I can ask him soon.

Last edited:
I guess maybe the PCM conforms to the same standard and maybe I just need the base address from the PCM?

SPN 171 Ambient Air Temperature
Temperature of air surrounding vehicle.
Data Length: 2 bytes
Resolution: 0.03125 deg C/bit, -273 deg C offset
Data Range: -273 to 1734.96875 deg C Operational Range: same as data range
Type: Measured
Supporting Information:
PGN reference: 65269

Seems like I should be able to read this but it won't come from the ECM.

Good thing i finally got internet at home I can actually watch youtube and see all your pics Jory... Got to say that thing is pretty dang sweet

Last edited:
Which "$40K" manual are you getting the definitions from ? The Brown J1939 manual ?

Thanks !

I'm getting my definitions from the SAE International Surface Vehicle Recommended Practice J1939-71 MAR2011 which superses J1939-71 FEB2010.

What else is out there?

Thats pretty cool and but awesome for logging pulls

The posibilities with it are endless...well, I guess endless is depending on how deep the pockets are. LOL

Having a laptop to view the data on would make it possible to tune or tweek between pulls. I set up a graph and when I want to view the next log, I just past the new data over the old and the graph updates so it can be done really quick.

Any word on reading the PCM parameters? I think I need to figure out the base address of the PCM before I can set up anything. Anyone know the PCM base address?

:nail: I'm a moron i completely forgot to plug in and see what i can read with my verus. Currently bombarded with school stuff, its the end of the semester rush.... as for your addressing problem, do you have a way to request an address claimed message? From what i have read the responses will show the claimed addresses. Im assuming PCM, ECM, CTM, ABS, Air bag, and IC. For the address claimed message the PGN should be 60928 or HEX (00EE00)

Back