Egr Cooler Delete???

PSD. On your weld on fitting that routes coolant from oil cooler up to reservoir, what did you do to the front of the intake where coolant exits manifold and goes back to the block? Is the flow there not needed and can be blocked off? Did coolant originally run through intake manifold just to keep egr valve cool, or just a way to route coolant from coolers back to the block?

Just make your own....

Only thing you hafta watch is the connection onto the cooler itself. After awhile, I just used a small piece of 3/4" SS tubing, and the Ford "blue" egr connector piece, as the regular heater hose/hose clamp woould not seal against it....but the Ford connector does.

This is almost exactly what I just got through doing. Only thing I did different was I tapped the manifold with a 3/4 pipe tap and put stainless pipe fittings in with a very good pipe sealant.

This is almost exactly what I just got through doing. Only thing I did different was I tapped the manifold with a 3/4 pipe tap and put stainless pipe fittings in with a very good pipe sealant.

got any pictures?....

i still don;t quite understand the whole hose to resi method..
the coolant comes into the mani from where? stock.?
(is the small hose out the top of the mani the supply for it, the one we "T" for a coolant filter????)
then it goes into the egr cooler through the top of it with the rubber o ring?
then flows out the cooler toward the front bumper and into oil cooler via a stock blue ford hose?

so i see clearly how everyone deletes the cooler and then is stuck with the 180* turn of the hose....seen about 10 different ways to do this 180*

but how is the new set up work?....i knwo there is a fitting but could someone go over the flow for me so i can get a handle on it?
:thankyou2:

the oil cooler input, is that where you feed the oil cooler from the resi?...or did you tap something else?...then you have to weld shut the hole the cooler use to go on?...

man...if you guys can make this a non-weld mod it woudl really take off...
a pipe thread on the fitting....and somehow a way to shut the cooler hoel with no welding as well...........not everybody has a good alumi welder near them...someone you can trust not to burn up your mani

Back