Egr Cooler Delete???

SMITTY_08

Ok well long story short i drive an 04 6.0 and i just blew the egr cooler. I dont want to spend the money to put a new one on just for it to happen again. im just curious what it costs and what it would take to put on a delete kit?

thanks for your help.

Thanks Rich and Trusted

I would say you could look at our website for info and prices by my host decided they would delete it..(not what I asked for)

We do offer a full EGR delete kit that comes with a modded intake manifold that looks like this:

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

pc3.jpg

pc5.jpg

solid up pipe
DSC07320.jpg

EGR valve removed, EGR cooler removed and rerouted and it comes with asolid up pipe. All of our intake manifolds are hot tanked, pressure washed, media blasted and the have a clear coat of powder coating applied.

All of the delete kits seem overpriced to me, but I think in most cases guys need them right away to avoid high dealership costs.

I just did an install this past weekend on a buddies truck, I'm going to try and make most of my own kit in my free time.

All of the delete kits seem overpriced to me, but I think in most cases guys need them right away to avoid high dealership costs.

I just did an install this past weekend on a buddies truck, I'm going to try and make most of my own kit in my free time.

Just pull the Egr cooler out and have the ends welded. Leave the coolant passage open and reinstall. total cost about $50 buck if you have it TIG welded. As for the exh. up pipe. not all have the scoop in them. if your has no scoop leave it alone. if it has a scoop...you local weld shop can fix that also.

Damn Adam. Did the guy even attempt to clean the inside of that manifold? You sent it out for powdercoat and its still dirty on the inside. I hope none of the sand blasting on the inside is still stuck in there.

If you want something without hose clamps down there...
picture.php

Just make your own....

Only thing you hafta watch is the connection onto the cooler itself. After awhile, I just used a small piece of 3/4" SS tubing, and the Ford "blue" egr connector piece, as the regular heater hose/hose clamp woould not seal against it....but the Ford connector does.

Last edited:
Ivan, Just tig weld on a weldable AN fitting. Clean the aluminum before you weld to it though.

picture.php

Its clean Doug..you worry about yours and I will worry about mine..my customer are happy with what they receive.

Just pull the Egr cooler out and have the ends welded. Leave the coolant passage open and reinstall. total cost about $50 buck if you have it TIG welded. As for the exh. up pipe. not all have the scoop in them. if your has no scoop leave it alone. if it has a scoop...you local weld shop can fix that also.

I want it gone, I dont want coolant even flowing through it, I want it out! haha. My buddy is a certified welder, so I'm sure he can do that for me for a few beers. I can also have any machining I need done at no cost for labor or materials, so I should be able to make this fairly cheap, with very high quality.

Just looked like there was still some crap inside from the stains at the easily cleanable areas.

if you are looking at where the elbow goes thats a fingerprint.

None of our intakes are brand new, nor will we ever be able to get all of the muck out of them, we get a good bit and as much as possible, we arent cutting our open to clean them, therefore they will never be as cleans as yours.

Just looked like there was still some crap inside from the stains at the easily cleanable areas.

I have to agree with you doug.Side bye side yours is much more sexy[the manifold} then Adams.Adams suits most needs though.LOL

Its clean Doug..you worry about yours and I will worry about mine..my customer are happy with what they receive.

Im sure they are happy with the JB weld job and someone else used intake. If it cost 55hr for a weld shop rate how many hours does it take you to weld that intake up. Seems way over priced for getting someone else used intake welded up plus shipping.

Doug/Ivan....Together I think it would make a sweet combo

I heard of another company out there going to release a EGR delete under 250 with up pipe exchange. And its not my company. Im going to get one of their first kits and try it out on a customers truck.

Im sure they are happy with the JB weld job and someone else used intake. If it cost 55hr for a weld shop rate how many hours does it take you to weld that intake up. Seems way over priced for getting someone else used intake welded up plus shipping.

Doug/Ivan....Together I think it would make a sweet combo

I heard of another company out there going to release a EGR delete under 250 with up pipe exchange. And its not my company. Im going to get one of their first kits and try it out on a customers truck.

They are called Gillet Diesel. Its 230 dollars. I have seen it in person. No up pipe though.

Back