Elites VGT-HO

As of now no. Im gonna post up some videos and let him see whats going on with it. So far I love it. I dont think he should even mess with any files yet until I get a trans done. Hes got it set up pretty nice now but the trans is definitely holding it back. Got right around 19mpgs with it on the way home this morning with the cruise set at 74 on the speedo so about 78 with about 8 lbs of boost and 800 egts. Im gonna post the vids now. Ryan

I think Doug is right. I dont understand why your EGT's are so high.You are only running 200's. Boost #'s arent everything. You shouldnt have to pull fuel out. That turbo sounds big enough to get those EGT's down

Heres a casualty of me waiting for my turbo though. I had to post it up. The fiberglass where the hood latch attaches let loose and wammo!!
I was driving it around when my turbo was out. Its a ram air hood. Can you see where the big bubble scoop hit? :eek:wned:

Attachments

• Broke.JPG
    Broke.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Broke 2.JPG
    Broke 2.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Broke 3.JPG
    Broke 3.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 53
Heres a casualty of me waiting for my turbo though. I had to post it up. The fiberglass where the hood latch attaches let loose and wammo!!
I was driving it around when my turbo was out. Its a ram air hood. Can you see where the big bubble scoop hit? :eek:wned:

man I love that truck :rockwoot:

Thats at high idle and its cold. I had it plugged in for about 3 hours. But yes. Its that loud. I dont think its that loud under a load but probably pretty close.

Nice vids Ryan!

By the way, has anyone else noticed that this is PAGE 18 of this thread?!?! Good God!

I like the noise to. You should see the looks.
Thanks Colin. Yes I noticed. I was gonna start a new thread about it but didnt.
Headin back up north for some testing on the E-Way and some hills. More updates and vids to come. Ill keep you posted. C ya. Ryan:charger:

Last edited:
It's only page 9 for me...I have mine set up to have more responses per page.

good god I thought mine whistled loud at idle. That is like 3 times louder than mine! geeze.

In cold weather the trucks close down the vanes to help warm up the engine. The warmer the temperature the less they close. For instance my stock truck in the winter with a cold start and high idle will build about 3-4 Lbs. of boost. In the warmer weather there is no high idle and the vanes aren't closed as much. Since this operates like the factory turbo I bet it is the same. Just a thought, Chris

Back