Elites VGT-HO

Hey Rob, has it been a week already? Your not going to turn this thread into a ( I sure hope Tadd takes care of Ryans turbo ) thread, are you? There's some good information in here to let it go down hill. Why don't you call Tadd or Ryan, for the answer to your question, instead of dragging this thread down.

Donnie

I guess I'll have to take a picture of your turbo and post it up so you can see it in process. I'm working on it, just haven't had a spare second to do anything especially keep up on the boards.

I sat and talked turbo's with you for over an hour. I thought I was interested. ???

yes..thats true..we did talk for an hour..thats cool..I sent you a message over a week ago just to see whats going on..and read..but no reply..what was I to think. I dont need a pic..if you say you are working on it..thats great. :thankyou2:

Update on mine: Turbo was in the mail and was called back by Tadd. He was putting one together and noticed a clearance spec was not to his standards. Mine should be overnighted tonight or tomorrow to my cabin up north. It should be on by saturday. I will let everyone know how it works when I return monday.
Ryan

Just talked to tadd and mine was overnighted today and will be here tomorrow by noon. He is sending me tunes within the hour so the truck will be ready to go.

Yep. Ive been out of the diesel seen for snowmobiling so getting this turbo means its time to get back in it. How have you been liking yours so far? Did you get your EGTs to cool off or what? This should be a perfect turbo for my 200s.

Seems I got some other issues that developed so I have since parked my truck.:bang:bang

Hey Rob, has it been a week already? Your not going to turn this thread into a ( I sure hope Tadd takes care of Ryans turbo ) thread, are you? There's some good information in here to let it go down hill. Why don't you call Tadd or Ryan, for the answer to your question, instead of dragging this thread down.

Donnie

I talked to ryan yesterday. I am riding Ryans ass because the turbo on his truck isnt his. He was only supposed to borrow the turbo for a week or so until he got his. Well Im still waiting for the VGT-ss to be returned .He was the one that said he was getting a VGT-Hoe and I wanted to see how it compared to my old VGT-ss on his truck.

Im still waiting for an update when he puts the hoe on the truck. He needs let to us at Competiondiesel.com know how it compares to the VGT-ss

Thanks Donnie for your brilliant observation:clap:

I'm sure you have Ryans mumber, so why trash the thread with useless post. A week or so is a vague timeline. We all know what happens when we loan things to friends or family. I don't have a problem with you, however I do see a problem with the way you handle some things.

Ryan, good luck with the new turbo. I hope it turns out to be what you're looking for. If it doesn't, I'm sure Rob will let us know.

Just an observation.....

Seeing as how the thread is about elites vgt-ho robs posts about ryans turbo are relevant. It all has to do with availability of this SPECIFIC turbo defined by the thread header. If I recall ryans turbo failed and was sent to elite before Christmas. Now if I order an HO I would want to see a return on my investment a whole lot sooner than 3 months! I would be very pissed off had I been promised something and had not seen it. Atleast here we can see the turn around before we buy it and plan accordingly. Good thing Ryan has met himself a real girl up north as Im quite sure he would have been hot tempered over this by now.
Now back to the thread...if I order today how soon could I get one?? Hmmm lets see...what experiences are others having with this company and thier product ??????
Proof is in the pudding...I hope to hear it actually is a worthwhile upgrade as opposed to a wastegated unit.

OK DONNIE....Let me start something else

Hey Toby....How do you feel about spending $2700 on a turbo then you have to pull all the fuel out of your tune just so you can drive it..

Is that better Donnie....

Just kidding Toby..Dont mean to bust your balls to...I know your glad you bought it:hehe:

StuckinMud, the thread is about the VGT-HO. Its availibility and its performance, not the timeline for one to receive a specific turbo. I see a lot of useless bashing of Elite. If their prices are too high, go somewhere else. If they don't have what you want, go somewhere else. If their timeline and yours doesn't mesh, go somewhere else. Them boys have enough knives in their backs, it looks like a heard of porcupines running around the shop.

Rob, why drag Toby in this. Get your truck back together and let us know how much fuel you have to pull from your super secret injectors. As far as the VGTs, everyone knows they wont supply much more than stock sticks. If you haven't learned that, good luck with Truck-Solutions. I gave you the benefit of the doubt after your PM.

I received my turbo within 5 days after it was ordered. I knew exactly what I was getting into when I ordered it. Will it clean up my 225cc? NO. It wasn't designed to do that. Is it better than my stock turbo? YES.

Whew... lots of reading... I saw it asked earlier and go unanswered. I'm interested too, would this HO charger be a good match for a set of stg. 2 approx. 190cc sticks? The thought of 1800* on my pyro scares the chit out of me personally, and I'd hate to have to leave too much fuel out of the programming.

stuckinmud i ordered turbo,injectors,studs,low pressure oil pump gears about three weeks ago recived everthing within two weeks. :rockwoot:

Whew... lots of reading... I saw it asked earlier and go unanswered. I'm interested too, would this HO charger be a good match for a set of stg. 2 approx. 190cc sticks? The thought of 1800* on my pyro scares the chit out of me personally, and I'd hate to have to leave too much fuel out of the programming.

Quote from Tadd.

S2 or S3 Injector. The VGT-HO. This turbo is starting to get large on a 6.0. Will still get hot in the Insanity file with S3's. S2's may be a bit small for this charger but if you don't tow much and run a hot file all the time with S2's then the HO would work. Larger compresser wheel than the SS, larger turbine than SS. Machined turbine housing. More subject to surge and not the best suited for towing but could accomplish occasional towing.

Quote from Tadd.S2 or S3 Injector. The VGT-HO. This turbo is starting to get large on a 6.0. Will still get hot in the Insanity file with S3's. S2's may be a bit small for this charger but if you don't tow much and run a hot file all the time with S2's then the HO would work. Larger compresser wheel than the SS, larger turbine than SS. Machined turbine housing. More subject to surge and not the best suited for towing but could accomplish occasional towing.

Thanks! Probably not the best setup for me then. I'd love to stay with a VGT for the quick spooling, but I do want to be able to do some towing as well. I need to figure out a good "compromise" combonation for my truck I only tow maybe 6-8k every once in a while, but I want to maintain that ability. Maybe I'm thinking too big on the injectors at 190? or maybe a non VGT, a fixed 61mm or so..... Don't know yet, but I have some time before I start shopping. I'm getting my fuel system done this week, then I have to start saving again. Thanks for the reply Heinzboy!

The absolute best combo for the street is the VGT-SS and Elites stage 2's. I had this combo for a while and it was awsome. It will make aroud 525-550 hp to the wheels and spools like stock.

Back