Elites VGT-HO

Blk350on20s said:
My turbo should be here this week. Probably sometime around thursday or friday. I biffed on calling them today. I was busy with school and forgot to get my tires measured so he can send me a tune for it. He definitely hooked me up and made right on my VGTss as far as im concerned.:bow: to Tadd and Garret at Elite for helpin me out. Ryan

Well the week is over...................Any updates

Mdiesel said:
yea cant wait to here about this turbo

Matt

Yeah, I would also like to know how his is doing compared to mine.

Last edited:
how u like the vgt-ho i was wondering how the lag is compared to a stock one

Matt

Mdiesel said:
how u like the vgt-ho i was wondering how the lag is compared to a stock one

Matt

I like the VGT-HO over the stock turbo simply because it brought life back into the truck. I do not like the extremely high egts though and hopefully with some more tuning that issue can be worked out. As MY truck sits, there is NO WAY I could tow right now because of the heat issues. I have since parked the truck until further tuning becomes available.
It does have more lag over the stock turbo however it is minimal. Hopefully Ryan will get his installed soon so we can get his feedback as well.

Buick, I am not sure why the pyro does that. It will only do it when it approaches the 1800 degree mark.

heinzboy said:
I like the VGT-HO over the stock turbo simply because it brought life back into the truck. I do not like the extremely high egts though and hopefully with some more tuning that issue can be worked out. As MY truck sits, there is NO WAY I could tow right now because of the heat issues. I have since parked the truck until further tuning becomes available.
It does have more lag over the stock turbo however it is minimal. Hopefully Ryan will get his installed soon so we can get his feedback as well.

Buick, I am not sure why the pyro does that. It will only do it when it approaches the 1800 degree mark.
I towed with Mine with 225's. I towed my buddys 38ft Powerquest from the dock to his house. Roughly 30 miles. I ran a tow file Doug created. It did help but the EGT's are high. I dont think this or the -ss is a cure for bigger injectors unless you are spraying. That is my take on it. Let me know when you are ready for Compounds:rockwoot:

Robts said:
I towed with Mine with 225's. I towed my buddys 38ft Powerquest from the dock to his house. Roughly 30 miles. I ran a tow file Doug created. It did help but the EGT's are high. I dont think this or the -ss is a cure for bigger injectors unless you are spraying. That is my take on it. Let me know when you are ready for Compounds:rockwoot:

I never said you couldn't tow with it. I said As my truck sits I couldnt tow becuase of the egts. I agree that alot of fuel needs to be pulled out to help keep it cool. I will prolly look into coumponds later on. :thankyou2:

Well just got back from the cottage up north. Elite is closed till the 12th so I wont have tune till then. I havent talked to my parents to see if it showed up to their house yet. I would have sent it to my apartment at WMU but a $3000 turbo sitting outside at kalamazoo is not gonna happen. Im planning to go to my house on tuesday to install the turbo and tune. Ill let you guys know how it goes.
Heinz- I know you probably said before but what size injectors are you running? I wanted to get 225s but Garret told me to stick with my 200s for now. My EGTs are decent with the ss. Hopefully they get better with the HO. We will see.

Robts said:

how high were they:D

Blk350on20s said:
Well just got back from the cottage up north. Elite is closed till the 12th so I wont have tune till then. I havent talked to my parents to see if it showed up to their house yet. I would have sent it to my apartment at WMU but a $3000 turbo sitting outside at kalamazoo is not gonna happen. Im planning to go to my house on tuesday to install the turbo and tune. Ill let you guys know how it goes.
Heinz- I know you probably said before but what size injectors are you running? I wanted to get 225s but Garret told me to stick with my 200s for now. My EGTs are decent with the ss. Hopefully they get better with the HO. We will see.

MAtt has 225's along with alot of other things*nx*

:hehe:

kind of curious how this works compare to my vgt-ss.

What is the drive psi/back psi at 45psig boost on these?

Last edited:
Lower than you'd think. They have it better than we do. No crappy pedestal with three 90 degree turns in it.

Blk350on20s said:
Matt didnt even get nitrous so cram it up your cram hole Robino.:hehe:
Maybe not...But at least he has 225's Silverman

How is your new VGThoe compared to my old VGTss....

Ryan...Is that VGT-hoe ever gona show up. We are all waiting to see how the ho does against the ss. I mean you have been running my old VGT-ss for about 3 months now so you should have a real good comparison if the VGT-ho ever gets there.

your guess is as good as mine..he said he was still gonna send me one..but didnt respond to my last PM..guessing he bite off more then he could chew..oh well..

Back