Elites VGT-HO

My turbo should be here this week. Probably sometime around thursday or friday. I biffed on calling them today. I was busy with school and forgot to get my tires measured so he can send me a tune for it. He definitely hooked me up and made right on my VGTss as far as im concerned.:bow: to Tadd and Garret at Elite for helpin me out. Ryan

Thats good to hear Ryan. Tadd and them guys will take care of you if you give them a chance. Did you upgrade to the HO or stay with the SS.

Blk350on20s said:
Upgraded to the HO. Long story made short. haha
Ryan we heard from Tadd on TDG that you just blew the bearing. What happen to your other turbo(VGT-ss). What damage did it cause? who tuned your truck before? Was it surgeing when this happened? Was the core usable..

Inquiring minds want to know:pop:

Just a pic to show you the size difference in the wheels.

IMG_2696.JPG

What year is your truck Heinzboy? 2004 right? Early or late build date?

Interesting. I thought the late 04's were the same as 05-07. I guess not. Mine looks different..

So Ford used one turbo for 03, changed it in 04 and then again in 05?

the turbo as far as I know for the 04 and 05 are the same, its the pedestal thats different..I THINK

the 03 are different turbo's

03's and early 04's had the same turbo. My 04 had the early turbo and pedestal.

Mine looks different than Toby's.

This isn't the greatest photo but if you look closely you will see the differences.

Turbo.jpg

Is mine the same as an 03?

Robts said:
Ryan we heard from Tadd on TDG that you just blew the bearing. What happen to your other turbo(VGT-ss). What damage did it cause? who tuned your truck before? Was it surgeing when this happened? Was the core usable..

Inquiring minds want to know:pop:

My VGTss was no good to reuse or rebuild. As far as I know when it left me I could spin both wheels separately. I have since heard that I just blew a thrust bearing or something like that. Not exactly sure. But the Wheels hit on each side of the turbo. It didnt look that bad but turbos need to be in spec. I was using Tadds tune that I ran the whole time I had the turbo. I never had a surge out of the turbo except for a few wide open runs and it would start to surge up top or so I was told when I inquired about it on here.
I have some pics that Ill put up sometime of it. the cameras in my truck and its snowing like a B*tch so im good for now.

hpprose said:
Interesting. I thought the late 04's were the same as 05-07. I guess not. Mine looks different..

So Ford used one turbo for 03, changed it in 04 and then again in 05?
Ford has 2 turbo's for the 6.0, an early build (job 1) and a late build (job 2+). Those 2 use different pedestals and is the only reason they offer 2. both turbo's have underwent a series of changes from the original design but it is considered a update with the older designs just discontinued and replaced. If you go to ford for a turbo now they give you the most current design. Not the best one for making max power, the reason the 05-07 trucks have a lower noted improvment from the same power-adders.

Sounds a little rough in the second video... like it was breaking up at part throttle which is pretty weird.

Back