Elites VGT-HO

Santa Gertrudis said:
Damn, I thought that turbo would cool it down a little......guess not.

what he said....
what were you hitting under comparable conditions before putting it on?

Santa Gertrudis said:
Damn, I thought that turbo would cool it down a little......guess not.

You have to remember that alot of fuel was pulled back when I ran the stock turbo. We added more Air so now we added more fuel. I knew it was still going to get hot. I don't think most people realize just how big 225cc injectors are. The truck is actually fun to drive again.

And that’s what matters.

Make sure you do another video when you get the tuning right.

Hey Heinz, How long did you hold it WOT. 1800 is hot but if hes holding it for a while thats not that bad. Are we talking 1/4 mile, less-more? Id like to know. I have the VGTSS on mine right now and I can get it that hot but I have to hold it for a little over a 1/4 mile. Hopefully my HO brings the egts down a bit. Id like to be able to make some good power without spray. Did you notice any surging at all?

It was right about 1/4 mile.

I have been trying different files but I blew something out so now I have to find out were the issue is.

heinzboy said:
It was right about 1/4 mile.

I have been trying different files but I blew something out so now I have to find out were the issue is.

Come on Toby...tell them how high the EGT's got with the stock turbo:hehe:

I know EXACTLY how hot they got.....been there myself. LOL

I held mine at 1800+ for several miles at WOT racing a car one time....I wonder if thet's why my heads were cracked ? LOL

UNBROKEN said:
I know EXACTLY how hot they got.....been there myself. LOL

I held mine at 1800+ for several miles at WOT racing a car one time....I wonder if thet's why my heads were cracked ? LOL

Nah..they shouldn't have cracked...they should been heat SEALED by then:hehe:

Toby has seen 2000+ degrees because he was talking to me on the phone while it was happeningLOL

I've seen 1700 deg. several times in the 1/4 even with nitrous.

LOL...The reason my temps get alittle higher than I'd like is because my truck doesn't run as efficiently as these other guys.

As someone has already stated..."my barn has less wind resistance that your truck"....lol

I have seen 1200 does that count? :hehe: :hehe:

Gotta love stock sticks with a stock turbo.....(for now)

Alrighty found the issue. If you have the flex line to the inlet oil side of the turbo, you need to upgrade it to the solid line. Apparently when the flex line moves around little pieces inside the line release and clog the vgt solenoid.

Back to BOOSTING...LOL

heinzboy said:
You have to remember that alot of fuel was pulled back when I ran the stock turbo. We added more Air so now we added more fuel. I knew it was still going to get hot. I don't think most people realize just how big 225cc injectors are. The truck is actually fun to drive again.

Yes, I know how big 225's are...I had some. I used to hit 1600+(thats as far as the gauge would read) all the time with the VGT-ss.

So, here is what we know. It whistles and still hits 1800. Now, here is a tough question. Obviously you were hitting 1800 at WOT in a 1/4 mile.....How did it feel then. In the 1/4 mile.What boost number are you hitting :pop:

Heinz- Are you talking about the oil feed line that goes to the top of the turbo? The little 4 inch piece of braided is coming apart inside and clogging stuff up? Who sells a hard line and how hard is that to get onto the turbo without any flex? Mine is already pretty tuff to get on there.

Its a ford part, just updated. It goes on just as easy as the original.

Robts said:
Yes, I know how big 225's are...I had some. I used to hit 1600+(thats as far as the gauge would read) all the time with the VGT-ss.

So, here is what we know. It whistles and still hits 1800. Now, here is a tough question. Obviously you were hitting 1800 at WOT in a 1/4 mile.....How did it feel then. In the 1/4 mile.What boost number are you hitting :pop:

The turbo will pull until you back out of it. I am hitting between 40 and 45 pounds of boost. I will try to get vids soon.

Blk350on20s said:
Heinz- Are you talking about the oil feed line that goes to the top of the turbo? The little 4 inch piece of braided is coming apart inside and clogging stuff up? Who sells a hard line and how hard is that to get onto the turbo without any flex? Mine is already pretty tuff to get on there.

Yes, I think the Job 2 truck came with them. Fixing to upgrade mine aswell.

Back