Elites VGT-HO

Did anyone else notice that the truck has a manual trans. That just doesn't make sense or does it?

Why wouldn't it make since? He has a custom made short throw shifter. Makes shifting easy and quick.

Not only that but he doesn't have to worry about getting the transmission rebuild, only upgrading his clutch, way cheaper. He probably upgraded his clutch and got the twins for less than some people pay for their transmission and torque converter. Makes since to me

hpprose said:
Why wouldn't it make since? He has a custom made short throw shifter. Makes shifting easy and quick.

Not only that but he doesn't have to worry about getting the transmission rebuild, only upgrading his clutch, way cheaper. He probably upgraded his clutch and got the twins for less than some people pay for their transmission and torque converter. Makes since to me

I do believe he had either the first or one of the first few DD clutches from SB for a 6.0. I remember him talking about the problems he had initially (clutch was to stiff and blew the slave cylinder apart). So they had to go back in and change the springs to make it a little softer.

And the short throw shifter is great.

DieselGirli said:
the compounds are out...there is an article on em in Diesel Power.....
We all know that Dans was done but is it avaible in a kit form yet. What is the lead time on that kit? Whats the lead time on the "VGTHO"?

Robts said:
We all know that Dans was done but is it avaible in a kit form yet. What is the lead time on that kit? Whats the lead time on the "VGTHO"?

I guess you're going to start that on this tread too. We all know you don't get along with Tadd, so why don't you just bypass these threads.

Brayden @ FPE said:
None..

Just 600rwhp on a duramax on tuning and turbo only.

Plus a few others that are running big boost daily.

My truck has a 70mm inducer cheetah on it and I intentionally bark it and try to overspeed it but it's still holding together going on 7 months now.

Big smokey burnouts in direct and let off the throttle.. Nice big bark :D I need to tear mine down to inspect the bearings but it is still tight and hasn't hit the housing yet.

Brayden

Tell you what, I will purchase the turbo, if it blows up or doesnt work, will you give me my $$ back?

2006.1F250 said:
I guess you're going to start that on this tread too. We all know you don't get along with Tadd, so why don't you just bypass these threads.

I think all Robts was saying is, IF he places an order today, can he have his stuff in a few days. IE 5 to 7 business days? Or atleast I understood it that ways.

If you order a VGT-HO you can have it in 5-7 business days. It makes 40-42psi boost at 5000ft altitude with Stage 3 injs.

If you order compounds it will be a month. We are shooting for quick response but presently can't keep up.

Fast-6.0 said:
If you order a VGT-HO you can have it in 5-7 business days. It makes 40-42psi boost at 5000ft altitude with Stage 3 injs.

If you order compounds it will be a month. We are shooting for quick response but presently can't keep up.

Sweet, ok TADD, same hold for you, i will buy today, if I blow your turbo up will you replace it for free?

OK, Tadd has my info on my truck and CC number, its up to him now. What say you tadd? Back it up already.

Last edited:
What's the problem with these turbo's on 6.0's? We've been running them for 6 months with no issues on Dmax's.

Seems to be tuning issues to me. What I've gathered over the last few days and a few phone conversations with previous mod'd VGT owners the tunes had higher vane position or more drive pressure added to run the turbo's. This is the exact opposite of what needs to be done in tuning. With no other tuning changes the dmax will make the same boost as stock with less drive pressure on our turbos. What do these turbos do on a stock tuning 6.0 with only injectors? Is anybody monitoring drive pressure?

If I were in Elite's shoes I wouldn't want to stand behind the chargers with that kind of tuning.

Brayden

I don't give a rats ass who sells or does the tuning aslong as it works. Brayden or Tadd, whos selling me the turbo? Lets go already?

I already recieved a PM and found a candidate.. He'll have the turbo shortly.

Brayden

Back