Elites VGT-HO

Brayden @ FPE said:
What's the problem with these turbo's on 6.0's? We've been running them for 6 months with no issues on Dmax's.

Seems to be tuning issues to me. What I've gathered over the last few days and a few phone conversations with previous mod'd VGT owners the tunes had higher vane position or more drive pressure added to run the turbo's. This is the exact opposite of what needs to be done in tuning. With no other tuning changes the dmax will make the same boost as stock with less drive pressure on our turbos. What do these turbos do on a stock tuning 6.0 with only injectors? Is anybody monitoring drive pressure?

If I were in Elite's shoes I wouldn't want to stand behind the chargers with that kind of tuning.

Brayden
Who are you? You really think you have a better grasp on tuning 6.0's than Tadd does?

Tadd, is the VGT-HO too much for 190's? Does it just have a larger compresser wheel?

Who is the candidate for Brayden? I would pick one up but the $ is pretty high for something untested on a 6.0
It might be the cat's meow but it's nothing until ran. How long until it sees some real time on a 6.0?

he probably picked someone who doesn't know jack about a 6.0..therefore all reveiws will be fantastic.

Isnt that what doug did when the case imploded from being machined?

Who's trimming vanes....

Not me.

It is the tuning that is killing those chargers because their aren't any Dmax's blowing them up. If you see that as a shot at Elite it's not intentional.

If you install a backpressure gauge you will learn that your tuning on a stock turbo is making nothing but higher drive pressure instead of higher boost.

Your turbo was designed to make efficient boost at a certain shaft speed and vane position. Do you think that by closing the vanes it's magic boost? It works until about 30psi but higher than that drive pressure goes through the roof.

Run stock vane position or less than stock at higher RPM and let the turbo do the rest. We're making 600hp on a 64mm inducer... Has anyone done that on the 6.0L with a VGT SS and made it last? What tuning? Did the charger blow?

Brayden

Last edited:
Can anybody post a screen shot of SCT showing the desired boost tables and or vane position tables/maps?

I can show you what a duramax one looks like stock and then compare. We generally cut the vane position way back @ high rpm because there is no need for it. The turbo will stay lit. You can tell in that video there is too much vane position being commanded. The turbo is screaming. Whoever is going to test this thing will have a drive pressure gauge and turbo shaft speed pickup.

These turbo's are working on the dmax all day long so something is to blame besides the turbo.

Brayden

Brayden

Last edited:
Hienzboy and you... I need another core turbo though. Send them in..

Looks like I'm going to be buying SCT now also.

Sinner.. No I don't claim to know more than Tadd... But I've been tuning mod'd VGT's for a while now and mine don't blow up.

There is also a way around getting the 68 wheel in a stock powerstroke housing. I'll show you when I get these two guys their turbo's.

Brayden

does it make a diffrence what condition the wheel or shaft is it? if it doesn't I have one I can send you.

2006.1F250 said:
I guess you're going to start that on this tread too. We all know you don't get along with Tadd, so why don't you just bypass these threads.

I was just asking a question. I have customers that are always looking for turbo solutions. Im not jumping on Tadd in anyway.I also know, looking at the thread no one had asked that question so, I thought it should be asked.

Thanks 2006.1f250 for your concern

Back