Fass sump

khaoskustoms

Just installed a FASS sump on a 07 5.9. I really like how they designed this. The stock sending unit acts like a second baffle and helps keep fuel from sloshing out of the sump. Plus with no hose underneath the truck you have less risk of ripping it off the tank.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344913178.708048.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344913201.193215.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344913246.520452.jpg

So it is still pulling fuel out of the top of the tank?

Just another piece they.... Just kidding. I won't go there LOL Looks nice.

I don't understand how it is a sump with no hose coming out the bottom or side of the sump.

That really seems to be counterproductive... The stock cup in the fuel pump/sender assembly is larger than that sump and would hold more "reserve" fuel so if still using a draw straw, why not just feed the straw from the stock cup?

It seems to me that the purpose of the sump is to draw fuel from the bottom of the tank through the sump... If you are doing hard core off roading and worried about damaging the fuel line, I would also be worried about catching the sump on a rock and ripping the bottom out of the tank...

Does not make sense to me. Is this the way the guys at FASS want this installed or did you follow both sets of instructions and do it with the draw straw AND install the sump, but plug the outlet??? In your first pic it looks like the sump has an outlet, but you chose not to use it???

That really seems to be counterproductive... The stock cup in the fuel pump/sender assembly is larger than that sump and would hold more "reserve" fuel so if still using a draw straw, why not just feed the straw from the stock cup?

Module upgrade kit. Comes free of charge in every AirDog II kit.:rockwoot:

I know Anthony, I have installed them and written them up in DW... I just don't understand the OP's post... I think he installed it per both directions... D'oh!!!

We have the Sumps kits available in 3 options. The kit that Khaoskustom install is our STK-5500. Our sump is designed to pull fuel below a normal sump and with the draw tube kit installed the draw tube pulls the fuel passed the opening on the sump to help eliminate any entrained air from the system. The line is not installed on the sump to help eliminate any hose from being ripped off.I attached an image of our draw tube sump kits.
STK-5500_3.png
[/IMG]

Nice lookin' piece....but I can only assume the historical 1/8 tank issue will apply to this as well since the volume is so low. ???

Still don't understand why you would make a sump that's not gravity feeding the fuel pump. But different strokes for different folks.

Nice lookin' piece....but I can only assume the historical 1/8 tank issue will apply to this as well since the volume is so low. ???

I'm guessing that maybe the draw straw extends down into the "sump" therefore eliminating the 1/8th tank issue. I'm confused. Not trying to bash the op or FASS by any means, I just don't see how it works.

Where does the IP return and LP return lines feed back into the tank? Do they just drop from the top instead of into the canister like the stock system to keep a reserve?

I'm not trying to bash anyone either, just constructive discussion. :D

It might help with sucking air but I don't see how it would help keeping pressure.

So something like the module upgrade kit thats out is basically doing the same thing correct? But for much cheaper I assume. Whats the cost of this set up? And really, how many people have you heard say they ripped their sump off? We get the same questions about our pumps hanging low but have NEVER had a single person actaully do it. If you are frame to the ground, the pump is the least of your worries.

Last edited:
For laughs and giggles I run a 3/4" black steel pipe, draw tube, in my daily driver. I can run below 1/8 tank of fuel and have never ran out of fuel or lost power due to sucking air. Sumps are cool but only to gravity feed the pump.

Back