Fass sump

This is why every fuel cell with a sump either has foam in it or baffles around the sump to control slosh from acceleration, decceleration and cornering.

yup but i like driving my truck so i still have the factory tank in it. some day i might get a cell but it will be a 20+gal in the bed set up

Depending on the level of the fuel tank a sump stops gravity feeding after the fuel level hits the same level of your pump. So if your FASS or AirDog is mounted properly after half a tank you lose any gravity feed. The purpose of this sump is to pull more fuel out of your tank. After the fuel level drops below the height of the sending unit (on Dodges) there is a diaphram inlet on the bottom that allows fuel into the basket so you just arent running on engine return and what sloshes over the top. The way our sump is designed gives you a lower point and circumvents said diaphram to allow more fuel to be flowed to your pump. On our road test we get another 25 miles than a conventional sump and 40 miles further than the factory sending unit. Should you let your tank get that low... no but does it happen some times? yes. All fass kits come with all the upgraded suction kits to do a full install. This system is merely an option to pull more fuel from your tank. As for it getting ripped off the 10 studs and billet clamps do a fine job of keeping the sump in place. The factory plastic tanks are very flexible and the line would be the only vulnerable item if installed with out the straw. Not trying to reinvent the wheel just offer some options for fuel delivery. Cheers.

Back