Fast trucks in Bradenton

"Those were the intakes going back to the intercooler in the rear."

Even better. Glad to think he wasnt resting his arm on top of the exhaust.

Last edited:
Congratulations to micah and Seth and the schied team for the win awesome running truck for a single charger and congrats to Phil Taylor @ diesel performance converters for building them one hell of good consistent converter. Wish I had done better but my top charger was going down every pass and finally broke but had a blast as always

Looks like everyone had a great time, and a great start to the 2012 season. Got to hand it to Dmitri, he traveled a long way for that event. Boy does log some miles every year. Whoever said the Allison doesn't like 9 sec passes at 140mph plus is absolutely correct. You are damn lucky to get 2 or 3 passes out of one. Congratulations to all the winners. And thanks for those guys who posted up videos, it difficult to get good ones and get the times as well. Thanks again.

Gary and the supporting cast behind the race have my thanks for a GREAT race. Now, smack talk time...

The Civic made it back to the lines after some changes, where is started puking coolant trying to do a burnout (I know, never ever happens with a 6.0?). I do give them props for showing up and trying, wish them the best of luck!

Seth and crew? Best watch them, that truck is on the charger quick, runs pretty darn clean and leaves the line clean and smooth. Those 9.8xx's are not a mistake or fluke, that truck is tuned in VERY well.

Dimitri has a beast, he gets the launch down to a smooth exit rather than a crazy looking bounce fest?? Take off your rearview mirrors, you won't need them running him.

Phooker is pretty good sport, and the baest gay friend a female can have, according to a female who knows him.

5.0 Mustangs are fuuuuunn....tires would not last long if I had one LOL

Heavy street

Congrats to Jim Layden on his heavy street win, running 11.7x's in Ashley Blacks truck. Good job on the tree Jim. Thanks Steve B.

What times were the Heavy Diesel class running?

I qualified 11.66 at 112 on Friday wobbling down the truck into death wobble after the traps, slapped ball joints in the truck that night/next morning and did an 11.49@115 in the 2nd qualifying session. I got the buy run, then my donkey handed to me by Jim Layden of Blacks Diesel on the tree... .1x to my .4x on the tree... I guess I decided to make a sandwich instead of paying attention to the race :bang His 11.79 takes my 11.51 by .04 for the final in heavy street.

Between 11.5-low 12s. Our very own KrazeeUn ran a 11.49 in qualifying!

Not bad for 7000lb and a single 66 right?

Yea, but you left the pillow in the truck for finals apparently. LOL

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Shut up "Mr. Camera-Man" as the announcer said lol.. "someone tell him to get behind the starting line"

Besides, I wasn't sleeping, I was making a sandwich :rockwoot:

I was a wondering f it was going to be a roll bar class? Congradulations it is amazing how fast you can get the full sized trucks a running!

more pics of the weekend

Thanks to all who worked hard for this great event.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
Yes it was outlaw diesels civic. There were only three trucks in the heavy street class.

Seth and Micah were putting those lightning bolts to good use this weekend.

Thanks for putting on another awesome race weekend Gary.

congrats seth and micah for the awsome run in the finals, your guys truck is dialed in for that small of a charger my hats off to your hard work, always a pleasure to be up against the best, darrin morrison about had me **** my pants being lined up against that truck as well as the rest, gary thanks for the pay out and a hell of a good time, i would make the trec every year for that event, alot of people put politcs aside and helped out eachother for an epic weekend of racing, thanks to those that helped at the event and all pro street competitors for coming out!!

Had a great time. Cant wait til next year. Maybe we can get all of our bugs worked out before the event next time.

Great job guys. Hope to add another to PS next year. Long drive though.

Why is everyone hatin in the civic? Bet that little guy would haul once it's dialed in. Unique for sure.

Not quite home yet.

Thanks Gary and Loretta for an awesome weekend!!

Sucks I had problems Thurs. night and couldn't compete, but that is racing.

Congrats to Micah and all the other winners!!

Anybody know how this thing did??

Couple of 13's and then puked coolant/water in the burnout box. Neat concept- stick a big engine in little vehicle. It will just take time to shake out the bugs.

Thanks again to Gary and Loretta for the chunk of change from your pockets to put this event on. I was impressed with the level of spectators at the track on Friday/Saturday.

Back