Finally going to the dyno

Quick thought, if you get there early enough Friday i will swap you injectors for the first round or 2 if qualifying,
Or if Heath is up to it, borrow his injectors, they aren't in his motor,
I will help you swap whichever way you want to go..
I will even ask heath if you want.
Both ours are 7x14's, mine are contagious diesel built, heaths werea mach nozzle honed i believe built by or for Ron Allen..

Brandon, thanks for the offer, but I don't want to wrench on it at the finals unless I have to.

why not use the edge for your tach? thats what i've been doing the last couple of weekends at a local drag strip. fastest i've gone is 7.779 @90mph. really wish i coulda got a chance to run the tst comp/ts mvp.....it was much stronger than this edge is.

One emoticon can't say it all so here's what it's like to dyno 520 HP with all the mods listed in my sig:

:nail: :bang :what: :confused: :Throwup:

I know I've gained a good bit through the years, because I'm knocking on the door to 11's. I'm not sure what to think, other than my truck doesn't like to the dyno. I'll post some graphs in a little while.

It made 460 with no electronics. I dyno'd the edge juice and quad adrenaline. Neither the edge or quad made more than 60 HP (520 total). The truck would flat out not spool under 1900-2000 rpm. The edge wouldn't spool for crap on anything above 1. The quad spooled better, but I didn't spend a lot of time tuning. I programmed a heavy and light tune on the quad, then ran a few levels on each tune. The quad was definitely running better, so I'm going to put it back on and play with tuning to see if it gains anything at the track.

Man, is your fuel pressure ok? Just verify with a mechanical gauge maybe?

I know you did a lot better back in march up here.

I haven't tested it with a gauge, just going off edge sensor. I run it at 23, can't remember what it pulls down to, but somewhere around 18 I think.

Dave's Diesel mobile dyno showed around 580. And he said his usually reads lower than most.

In the end, I don't care if it dynos 200 HP. I'm not looking to break HP records. I just want an 11.90 truck that I can DD, and not have to wrench on before going to the race.

Last edited:
BTW, I just read the part about Heath's injectors not being in his motor. What's up with that?

He hurt it in temple.
Blowing some oil, ok a lot of oil. He took it down. Will be driving Daniels common rail.

One emoticon can't say it all so here's what it's like to dyno 520 HP with all the mods listed in my sig:

:nail: :bang :what: :confused: :Throwup:

Dang, is it contracting BBS and it's just in the incubation period where it hasn't fully neutered the truck to sub 500 HP..... LOL

On a more serious note, add a bottle and a cheap nitrous solenoid to give it a baby dry shot so you can run the 11.90 number.

There are a few guys with nitrous as a back-up in-case they get a bad launch and use it to get back on-pace for a fender race finish.

Don't put that voodoo Ricky Bobby! I've already been thinking that. After the finals I'm gonna do some compression tests and maybe even pull the head to take a look.

Back