Finally going to the dyno

If you pull the head, might as well do some bowl work and porting, and cut the valves...
when's the last time you ran the valves?

I run the valves pretty often. (Last week). I'll get the head checked out and a valve job, but I'm not sure about a lot of work on it.

I finally took some pics of the dyno sheets. 1st is stock vs a semi heavy Quad tune: level 7 of 10, timing @ 8, fueling about 80% up the scale.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380937318.273522.jpg

Edge juice level 3

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380937444.419194.jpg

Edge vs quad. Main difference is spool up resulting in making power earlier with the Quadzilla
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380937517.623002.jpg

I pressure tested the turbo/piping tonight. I have leaks everywhere at. 10 psi! 2 different boots and a whole in my intercooler.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380938193.961222.jpg

It's the 3 rd row down, where the tube meets the tank.

I know your boost leaks are hurting you, but with my quad I picked up power as I went down, I did 500 on 10 and 588 on level 6.... Had to get off the dyno after that. not saying yours is the same, but this is what I found... Still want to get back on and do some more"tuning"...

Boost leaks hurt bad..
I found at Ennis drive pressure leaks are bad too! A small crack added up to about 20hp worth .. But your whole intercooler is no bueno.. Time for a Mishimoto!

I don't really want to spend the money on an aftermarket. I'm not sure if they are worth the $ at my level.

I picked up 3-4 psi with no electronics on (55 psi). BUT with the juice on, it'll only hit 50...... I have no idea what's going on with this truck.

I don't really want to spend the money on an aftermarket. I'm not sure if they are worth the $ at my level.

I picked up 3-4 psi with no electronics on (55 psi). BUT with the juice on, it'll only hit 50...... I have no idea what's going on with this truck.

not sure if you are using the edge for the boost gauge but it was NOT accurate over 43psi on my truck. i did not like the edge on my truck and will not run another again.

No, I'm going by a 60 psi Autometer. The quad makes a little more power, but I HATE how hard it cuts fuel when you let off the pedal. It slams you forward and barks the crap out of the turbo. I bought a redline, but it's messed up and I need to send it off. I want to try the MVP/redline stack.

Back